Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Quality Assurance Award

hi

new to this may need assistant now and than

our pre-school has been trying to achieve an assurance award, we have been doing it for a long time now and its my responsibility to expand upon it more throughout the whole lot.

question 1. does anyone have any ideas of what i can write what my visions and values are.

all answers greatly recieved.

Hi aussie welcome to the forum :o

Only you can say what they are as they are usually talylored to your setting but I would read the eyfs document there are lots of principles in there of which a good setting adheres to or Tina Bruces 10 Bedrock principles but you will find alot of them within the eyfs doc.

Good luck

andrea

Hi Aussie - welcome to the Forum.

Why not ask your staff members what their visions and values are - and their aspirations for the children you care for? You could incorporate them into your mission statement (I hate that phrase, but I'm never sure what else to call it!).

Maz

THANKS I HAD A QUICK READ

Regards to values how could I reword we value parents, ie committee. do they expect me to write a long list about valuing parents, play etc.

cheers

thanks andreamay that would be fantasic just something to start me of with.

dont drink to much have a great night, better still have a drink for me.

Welcome Aussie.

Some basic definitions;

Vision: Long Term Goal (collective, aimed for by all)

Value:Principles, Standards, Quality of practice/actions.

Principles are difficult to define so I got this from Wikipedia;

A principle signifies a point (or points) of probability on a subject (e.g., the principle of creativity), which allows for the formation of rule or norm or law by (human) interpretation of the phenomena (events) that can be created. The rules, norms and laws depend on and co-create a particular context to formulate. A principle is the underlying part (or spirit) of the basis for an evolutionary normative or formative development, which is the object of subjective experience and/or interpretation. For example, the ethics of someone may be seen as a set of principles that the individual obeys in the form of rules, as guidance or law. These principles thus form the basis for such ethics.

Reducing a rule to its principle says that, for the purpose at hand, the principle will not / cannot be questioned or further derived (unless you create new rules). This is a convenient way of reducing the complexity of an argumentation.

The point of principle allows to create all probable versions under its subjective theme, as its reality creation/evolvement under that subject is open-ended and unpredictable relying on choice and option. Rules and laws capture a consensus that certain actions and events will occur under a principle (or a combination of principles).

A principled view for example, implies that an individual has a firm understanding of the underlying principle(s) of events and the rules and laws which govern them inherently and according to our consensus.

To me Vision and Values is a bit like Aims and Objectives, your goals and how you are going to reach them. The how includes following certain rules, ie: Law as in National standards, plus your individual group attitude, ie: within the context of for example a child centrered approach. (this you will see in the standards but may want to highlight to your parents as important to you).

My mission statement was:

Giving children secure foundations on which their future development can build.

My aims included reference to national standards, curruculum and every child matters.

My Objectives related to the "United nations convention and childrens rights in the uk"

Peggy

hiya

Had great time not many locals in but a coachful of football team came in Westbronich Albion (I think :o ) on way home so livened things up a bit as they had won!! Didnt drink a lot tho xD cos of feeding lambs dont normally do it as we have 3 sons but all out so had to put my 'farmers wife hat' on!!

anyway here is a sample of our aims and principles in our policy doc

'Our curriculum is broad,balanced and deeply rooted in play,first hand expereinces and conversations.

We aim to meet the needs of each individual. We recognise that children develop at their own pace but that adults can stimulate an entusiasm for learning,through expereinces that are relevent,purposeful and guided through observations.'

Hope it is helpful

Andrea

Have to add this as a committed Wolves fan.....can't have been West Brom as they lost!! So did we come to that but West Brom losing too makes it easier to bear...! xD Sorry to hijack the thread, I know I'm obsessed! :o

I did say I think!! :o ok clues

1. AFC on their shirts

2. navy blue and white but they could of been training gear although the scarfs were prob more royal blue and i saw the words west.... on them.

3. They were heading back to sussex.

4. they had definatly won!

Will ask my husband when he comes in xD

Edited by Andreamay

thanks everyone, I think I have just about covered my values and visions.

just stuck on the other thing the QA says

'we understand and implement the UN Convention on the rights of the child articles 12, 31,42'

i know and have information in prospectus about 12, 31 but were would i find 42 which states that parties undertake to make the principles and provisions of the convention widely known, by appropriate and active means, to adults and children alike.

cheers Helen

• 2 weeks later...

You could always quote the QCA doc

We have agreed to adopt the principles from the Foundation Stage Guidance from QCA:

Principles from the Foundation Guidance

• Effective education requires both a relevant curriculum and practitioners who understand and are able to implement the curriculum requirements

• Effective education requires practitioners who understand that children develop rapidly during the early years - physically, intellectually, emotionally and socially

• Practitioners should ensure that all children feel included, secure and valued

• Early years experience should build on what children already know and can do

• No child should be excluded or disadvantaged

• Parents and practitioners should work together in an atmosphere of mutual respect

• To be effective, an early years curriculum should be carefully structured ( recognising different starting points; relevant to levels of need; indoors and outdoors)

• There should be opportunities for children to engage in activities planned by adults and those that they plan or initiate themselves Practitioners must be able to observe and respond appropriately to children informed by a knowledge of how children develop and learn

• Well planned, purposeful activity and appropriate intervention by practitioners will engage children in the learning process

• For children to have rich and stimulating experiences, the learning environment should be well planned and well organised

• Above all, effective learning and development for young children requires high quality care and education by practitioners

Curriculum Guidance for the Foundation Stage, QCA/DfEE 2000

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)