Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Its Sunday Afternoon And My Brain Has Quit!

Phil

Hi

I am trying to list al the positve factors that effect child development all i have got so far is

*good diet

*positive interaction with other children and adults

* regular attendance at a childcare setting- with the emphasis being on regular attendance not whether they attend a setting or not

* financial stability

* placement within family

is there any more?

I have done the negatives and came up with a very long list so can this really be it?

Thanks

feeling safe and secure

consistency

love

praise

feeling valued

being listened to

positive experiences

and many more of course!

I am taking a day off today so that is off the top of my head without thinking too hard as my head has had enough as well, good luck

I know Wendles has said 'being listened to', but actually knowing they have a voice and that they have a right to use it and then be listened to. I hate how people wont answer a child straight away because they are talking to another adult, a child doesnt understand that, but they will if you explain you are talking at the moment and you will listen to them in a minute. Adults can be very rude sometimes :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)