Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Is This Stress!

Hi

I don't know whats got into me lately i'm always feeling ill, over the last 4 weeks i keep feeling sickly, as if i'm going to be sick, never have been, just comes over me in waves then goes a way, feel very tired, with the odd funny stomach every now and again which doesn't last long.... beginning to wonder if its stress. tried making a doctors appointment- cant get in for 2 weeks. I do manage a pre-school, i'm short staffed, cant find anyone to take on the positions, supervisor has also resigned, i'm child proection officer and senco and im doing a degree along with looking after a family and working full time at the pre-school. does anybody else ever feel like this, i really am beginning to think its stress.... as i do seem to feel alot better at the weekends. Feel like i'm going crazy and just cant seem to get out of this circle im in.

I don't know about the sickness feeling - but have never had stress before. It does sound like your head is about to explode. Being short staffed and being the one to cope with it is really draining - especially with all your other responsibilities.

I'm glad you've made an appointment. How awful that you have to wait for so long.

Take care and don't burn out x

Well apart from pregnancy?!!!!! i would say it could very well be stress as very often we cope but it comes out in our health.after a very stressful time back in the early 90's i developed ME and then in 96 after being told my dad had terminal cancer my periods just stopped!!! and following that after 2-3 yrs of a nightmare time of not knowing what was wrong with me i was finally diagnosed with an early menopause!! I hope you get it sorted and the staff situation too that will help im sure.

Sounds like stress to me.....your symptons sound like irritable bowel syndrome. I felt like you about 5 years ago and when I went to the doctors they asked if I was stressed....who isn't these day! I was diagnosed with IBS and because I've been getting stressed over something recently the pains, and same feelings have come back.

Look after yourself and let us know what the doc says.

SimCity, poor you!!

I qualified as a reflexologist in 2006. The symptoms you describe all relate to the solar plexus or emotional centre. (like butterflies when you're excited or nervous) so could be stress related.

While you wait to see the GP try ginger or peppermint tea for queasy feelings. If you don't fancy that I know people who swear by Rescue Remedy - well worth a try.

Try to find some "me time" - you're NOT superwoman!!!!!!!

Personally I find reflexology really helps (- both giving and receiving a treatment. Perhaps you could have a look at a reflexology book? there are some great self-treatments you can do on your hands) and if my wonderful reflexology friend isn't available red wine & chocolate is a good emergency measure!!

Hope you feel better soon,

Nona

Sounds familiar stress can present itself in many forms, good to hear your getting advice, take it and listen to your body. Sending you some virtual love. :o

Yep, sounds like stress to me....it can do really weird things to you and your body. Let us know how you get on - sometimes just being able to identify the cause of your symptoms can be a big step forward to relieving them, without any "treatment". All good advice from everyone else, I would say.

Simcity

It will be half term soon and you can de-stress a bit. Make sometime for yourself. Do you have a deputy? Delegate more, do less and take time off if you need to. I know it is hard but you come first!

Hope you feel better soon.

Shiny

Thanks for all your replies, i'm counting down to half term... I dont have a deputy at the moment as she has resigned, also a member of staff short, have advertised but without success... so dont have many people to delegate too.....role on half term.... staff are all complaining about covering the hours... while i'm doing all the hours , all day every day, attending case conferences as i am also CP officer and have 2 children going through statements for special needs, doing the degree, paperwork is in the evening and at weekends, and also i me family..... half term cant come soon enough!!!!

It is that time of year for those of us who are lucky enough to get half terms - the countdown is on! I think stress is one of those really odd things that affects each person differently. I hope you get to the bottom of it (and that the pregnancy suggestion didn't freak you out completely).

Speaking personally, whenever I'm stressed from now on I'll console myself with how much worse it could be. I could be pregnant! :o

Maz

It could be stress, could be a lot of other things - wait for your GP to discuss with you. I'm sure you'll have blood tests etc so it may be a little while before you get a clear idea. However if your doctor says time off - TAKE IT!! I ended up of work for 8 months because i didn't really listen to what my body was telling me and was severely depressed ultimately and utterly stressed to the point I couldn't walk into school without physical reactions of sickness, immediate headache and spending most of the day trying not to cry. I had kept on going because how could the place function without me etc etc etc until the point came that they just had to because I was ordered home from the surgery and didn't go back! What I learnt from that is life goes on without you and noone is indispensible. Ever.

Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Cx