Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Observation For A New Job...help!

Hello everyone

I have applied for a new job in yr 2 and ICT co-ordinator! I am currently in Nursery and the deputy from the school is coming to observe me in the Nursery setting!!

I have thought of loads of activities but can't think what to focus on when I'm being observed. We are learning about polar bears and penguins!

Hello everyone

I have applied for a new job in yr 2 and ICT co-ordinator! I am currently in Nursery and the deputy from the school is coming to observe me in the Nursery setting!!

I have thought of loads of activities but can't think what to focus on when I'm being observed. We are learning about polar bears and penguins!

Hi Natalie (have we spoken before? if not - hello!)

I can't help I'm afraid, since I'm in pre-school. I just wanted to wish you well for the job application - quite a change from nursery to year 2! Or is it? :o

Maz

Good Luck- hope it goes well, I am doing the same topic with FS children. I might be able to help you but need to know which area you are interested in doing?

I have loads of plans so wouldn't know which one to share with you and it might not be suitable for your age group

Best wishes

Hi Natalie, well done on the interview.

How long have you got, how many children and do you have any other brief?

If I was applying for an ICT post then I would probably use some sort of ICT in my lesson. I would also make it not unlike what you may already do so that it doesn't have any unwanted effect on the children.

If you can give us some ideas about what you might like to do, Im sure we can help you with tweaking or putting it all together.

Ah thanks!!

Have not had the internet at home so noot made it on here in a while!!

I only found out at 5.30 this afternoon so just starting thinking abut it!! My head is spinning as I wasn't sure if it would be best to focus on ICT or if it really mattered? I suppose as long as I have focused groups???

I have 40 children in morn and 40 in the afternoon. It's this Thurs....prob why I'm in panic mode. I have ICT club tomorrow night with yr 1 so don't feel like I have much time to get organised.

How do you see that evolving Natalie?

Dont make tenuous links and work with what you know ie your routine etc.

I would imagine your observer is going to be looking at your interaction with the children and they with you rather that what you are actually teaching?

Thanks....think i went into panic mode!!

I'm going to stick with experimenting with mark making using a variety of tools. I'm going to use pastels on blue paper and start with them finding thier name ards to help them and writing their names in yellow so it shows.

Any ideas would be appreciated!! Thanks

That sounds good!

You could talk about what colours would show and experiment?

Whatever, have fun and be yourself and Im sure the children will respond well.

Good luck and lets us know how you get on. You may need to talk about your activity at the interview itself.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)