Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fs After School Club

Hi all , I am new to the forum and am very excited about joing in discussions and sharing ideas.

I would like to set up a Foundation Stage after school club. This will allow the children to experience extra activities in this deprived area of Birmingham. Is anyone else running such a club and can you suggest some exciting activities we may be able to do?

Hi raz, welcome to the forum :oxD

I dont know anything about afterschool clubs, except my friend used to run one and I was surprised that she had to have written plans, not sure if thats usual or just her Head!

Good luck with it. :(

Hi Raz, welcome on board from a fellow Brummie..

Can you give us an idea about how long you are thinking of running the club for. I think if it's more than two hours you have to be registered with OFSTED.

Do you have a Children's centre nearby who may be able to support you? Most of them in Birmingham will have access to an out of school coordinator (or extended schools coordinator)who may be able to tell you what it already happening in your area and support you in developing your provision. Im not immediately familiar with anyone running such a club just for FS though.

I run a club from 3 up but not just for fs. Come sep we have to encorporate eyfs into our 'planning' which at the mo is quite informal!

mundia's right in that you have to register with ofsted if you will run for more than 2 hrs a day - could be a long day fpr your littlies though, I know our smallest ones really struggle come 5oclock. We make provision for them to do relaxing quiet activities - which can sometimes end up in sleep!

we do all sorts of activities, often relating to a theme, but sometimes we carry out activities relating to childrens interests.

don't know if thats helped. let me no!

lucie x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)