Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Report Writing

Can anyone help? I'm in the middle of writing reports for my Nursery children. I have just finished writing about their personal, social and emotional development. I now have another box 'General Comments on Attainment and progress', which is quite similar, to complete. Does anyone know where I could get a bank of useful statements? :)

Hi Sarah

Welcome to the forum and thanks for making your first post so soon. I hope you will gain a lot from the site.

There has been some discussion about report writing which you can find here. It discusses report assist which is mostly for the end of the foundation stage and I don't know how useful it would be for you. As you will read not all members are overly impressed by it.

At the pre-school I run we have general comments about what the children have enjoyed and we use the stepping stones to highlight where we think they are.

Hope this is of help to you.

Linda

Hi Sarah

I'm a bit miffed too, anyone else having to do reports as well as FSPs? I thought the FSPs could replace end of year reports? It seems silly and unfair for foundation stage practitioners having to do both, my fellow colleagues (Kst 1/ Kst 2) dont have this workload!! Sorry I needed a whinge!! :o Anyway Sarah to get back to your point after my outburst xD I too use 'Report assist' It is a useful aid for comments relating to the foundation stage, however it is time consuming and very inpersonal and I often end up rewriting the comments so it reads right, hope this helps :D

HI Sarah & welcome.

Perhaps this the space where you need to personalise your comments about the child and therefore a bank of statements is not appropriate. It may not be inappropriate to repeat something that you have already said, either?

Good luck

Sorry Sarah,

I'm no help either. :( Perhaps you just have to write something about how they're showing good progress in their development generally or which areas they have showed the most progress in? Do you have a box for each area of learning and this one additional to them or is this one particularly related to PSE?

Anyway, welcome to the site. :) Ask me a question I know the answer to next time! xD:(:o

Hi Sarah. and welcome from me too.

I would agree with Susan, I would make the last bit much more personla, even hand writing it if you can (although THAT is really unpopular in my school).

I understand your frustration Gertie, we were alwasy having to write reports as the profile booklets are just too wordy for our parents to understand, but I think its up to each school to decide what to use.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your help and advice. I found a couple of websites that had statements worded differently to the ones I'd already used. Once I sat down and started typing it wasn't so bad! Thanks again. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)