Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Partnerships

I am working in partnership with a nursery - although we have different lines of accountability we share everything else!

We are keen to develop and share all of our working areas and resources - any advice on managing shared activities?

We plan jointly but retain control of our own children's focussed activities however there arte times when ability based tasks are more suitable maybe?

Edited by Guest

• 1 year later...

Hi Jen, I am about to start work with a similar sounding unit in September. It is a committee run private preschool merging with the Reception unit of the local school. So I am very confused about how much influence I will have with the school side of things really when I will be working for and accountable to the preschool and its committee. I'd be interested to hear from you now since i think your orginal post was some months ago now

Clare

Hi Jen, I am about to start work with a similar sounding unit in September. It is a committee run private preschool merging with the Reception unit of the local school. So I am very confused about how much influence I will have with the school side of things really when I will be working for and accountable to the preschool and its committee. I'd be interested to hear from you now since i think your orginal post was some months ago now

Clare

Jenwren hasn't been 'active' since 2008, according to her profile, so don't hold your breath clare! :o

• 2 weeks later...

hi Clare

I am about to do the same as you I think. I run a small reception class and from September we are hoping to work with our on site community run pre school. I need to get planning, but still can't quite get my head round how it is going to work and I don't think they can either. How far have you got?

WIllow

I personally haven't got very far as I don't start until September, but ours has been in process for the last 2 years, but we still haven't got the building, so from what I can understand it is still quite a lot 'them and us' not necessarily in a deliberate way. I shall update you more when i start in september, good luck with yours and hopefully we can help each other x

Ours starts then and at the moment seems destined to be them and us. When I said about shared activities they said we could share a week in the summer! We have separate classrooms but share an outside area and i really want it to be more than that. Lets keep posted!

we have been an on site pre-school for almost 15yrs this year school let us have a transition week . they rarely share anything each year they say we will do more together but it never happens. we have done some training together but only because our early years team have pushed them into it. the EYFS is made for sharing but some settings just cant grasp it.

sue

We had a really promising meeting yesterday where we agreed to start small and have planning meetings each week to evolve it. Feeling really excited as this way nothing is forced on either side and hopefully it will grow over the course of the year. It is really difficult if one side aren't interested so good luck

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)