Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Time Off- Yipeee

my six year old has just been sent home from school with chickenpox- woops I didn't spot any signs when she had a bath last night, no signs of illness. oh dear what a bad mummy :o

:o Not "bad mummy" - nothing to see til first spot appears then they come up thick and fast!

Hope you've got plenty of Medised and calamine ready - I childmind and all 3 minded children had it over 3 weeks, as they'd all been in contact with it I carried on having them but stayed at home. They had great fun painting each other with calamine lotion and paintbrushes. we even filled a paddling pool with cool water and bicarb of soda so they could climb in when the itching was intense!

Enjoy the bonus time at home together!

Nona

: They had great fun painting each other with calamine lotion and paintbrushes.

What a fab activity. I can just picture the scene xD:(

Dont worry about being a bad mommy, I can beat you on anything you could suggest :o:(

hee hee my son got it years ago 3 weeks befor easter hols, kept looking at my younger daughter nothing.... 3 weeks 4 days later (i did count..waiting) we flew out to canaries..that night she was covered!!!! all holiday reps were worried about was when we were flying home!!!!!

so i do not belive the 21 day issue and wish she had left the spots coming out for another 5 days then we would have got an extra week holiday :o

she has gone to bed looking like a ghost-( calamine lotion) and feeling fed up because it's the weekend and she is so spotty - she had two parties to go to! ahhhhhhhhh :o

All 3 of my children go them within 3 weeks of each other about 3 years ago....my eldest was then 16 and he was in pain! He even allowed me to bath him in cool water to help relieve the itching and pain.

she had a good night thank goodness and wants lots of cuddles, so far she is coping. my two sons had it last year and also managed to get through it with fairly mild symptoms but a friend of theirs was very poorly , it can be horrible for some children. xD

we are going to play guess how many spots later, winner earns a large choccie bar :o