Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

3 Year Olds And Scissors!

I am new at my school and the current report format which I have just been given asks me to tick whether a child needs support, is at an appropriate developmental age, demonstrating a strength or above average...

I have several 3 year olds who cannot cut but if I put them under needs support, that implies they are below average....is that really accurate or should I class them as developmentally appropriate because they have only just turned 3 and are just beginning to gain some confidence in their skills..........please help!!

I wouldnt worry about a 3 year old who cant use scissors, I know some 4 year olds who cant, and if these children are only just 3 then I say at most its a very minor delay which shouldnt be a concern. You could mention to the parents, so many of them dont allow scissors at home that its not surprising they cant handle them. xD

I also know some I would rather NOT give scissors to :o:(

Thank you! That is what I thought but I needed to have it confirmed!! :-) The report was designed when the class only had 4 and 5 year olds and has not been changed since....I am not allowed to change it this time but I will be changing it for next year...!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)