Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Running Bunnies Baby

HI GUYS!!

Baby Bunny has finally arrived!!

Eva Charlotte Collins was born on 4th January at 3.43pm, weighing in at 7lb 2oz.

I went in to be induced on the 2nd, but the delivery suite was manic, so had only one lot of 'gel' instead of the planned two,which inevitably didn't work. Had the 2nd lot on the 3rd with the intention of going on the drip later on, but there were no delivery rooms available (I was in an 'admissions room). Examined at 12.00 on the 4th to find that I was 3/4cm dilated and waters could be broken, so I was moved to a delivery room.

Hubby duly arrived, waters broken at 11.45am and bubba arrived almost exactly 4 hours later!!

We are now safely in the warmth of home, Eva has fed properly and has now expertly been put down for her afternoon nap by doting Dad. All medical staff happy with her initial checks and she seems content, but prefers being vertical rather than horizontal, so sleeping in her moses basket is proving to be the first of many challenges we face together.

Pictures to follow - camera is playing up at the mo' - sorry!!

RB x

Oh RB, I'm so glad to hear everything is OK and Eva and you are both well. Beautiful name by the way. Glad to hear Dad is doing his bit!!!

Congratulations :o

Guest Wolfie

Many, many congratulations - enjoy every minuite, even the sleepless ones! The name is lovely too. :o

Edited by Wolfie

congratulations, :o so lovely to hear good news and that you are all well.

enjoy these special weeks together.(get friends to do your housework?)

Do you keep looking at her and thinking wow xD

What a truly magical time - enjoy little Eva while she's so tiny!

Glad everything went well eventually and that your little one was safely delivered. I can sympathise with your moses basket issues - my eldest refused to go back in once she'd been fed in the night. Isn't it odd how they have very definite views on things at such a tender age!

Take care and accept all and any offers of help while you get used to being a mum! Many congratulations to you all.

Maz

Massive congratulations and much love to the three of you.

Re: the moses basket (and anything really!) you just have to tell yourself, it'll sort itself out by 6 weeks - then, when it doesn't, tell yourself, it'll only last till 3 months....6 months.. the first year!!

When you have a sunny afternoon and you are pushing Eva proudly in her pram round the park put the memory i"n your pocket" of how lovely it felt - and try and remember that when its 5 am and you've had no more than 20 mins sleep!!

Ann x

Fantastic news RB, congratulations to you all. :oxD

I seem to remember putting a small pillow under the matress of the moses basket to tilt it up a bit, cant remember why, maybe wind? The hospital cots could be angled and I think Sam liked it better.

Have fun working out her little preferences :(:(

Dear Running Bunny

Congratulations to you and hubby on the safe arrival of little Eva.

I seem to remember sleeping propped up with my little one on my chest and if I tried to lay flat he would sense it and howl, seems funny now, not sure it was 13 years ago at 4am.........

Enjoy the lovely days, seek help and love on the tough days and hard as it seems now understand that the time will fly and before you know it Eva will be toddling off to nursery, so go with it as it goes too fast.

Much love to you all

Sue

Many congratulations to all of your family.

I had the moses basket issues with my 2, they both much preferred their cots!!

Happy New year.

Shelley

Congratulations RB, the birth procedure now a distant memory, as others have said, enjoy every milli-second. xD

I remember holding my sons little hand feeling such wonder and awe, and an overpowering realisation of the most important responsibility and joy I was holding in my hands. :( 24 yrs later, well............................................................we don't hold hands that often now and he has this skill of making me still feel responsible for him, :( yet he still gives me great joy and pride. :o

Peggy