Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Open University

Hi All

I recently completed E123& E124 and thinking of doing two more courses. Has anyone done K204 and U212 .Any hits and tips would be appreciated.How many words for each assignment etc.

Thanks

June

Hi June - just wanted to say hello and welcome to the forum.

I am currently doing E123 and start E124 in February. Don't really know about the others. Wouldn't you find this information on the OU website somewhere?

Failing that I'm sure there will be someone along soon who can give you all the info you want.

Enjoy the forum - it's great!

:o

well done on completing :o .

How hard was it ? I havnt studied for about 20 years and was thinking of doing these or level 4 nvq, was worried how much time they take up.

I am N.N.E.B qualified which is level 3,

Are these courses equivilent to anything or move you to level 4nvq.

I have been looking for courses in early years that are level 4.

The E123 and E124 studied with the OU will give you a Certificate in Early Years Practice which is a NQF level 4.

Further study (which I can't bear to think about yet!) will complete a Foundation Degree in Early Years which is a level 5 qualification.

Hi Marys,

I have just done these courses managed to pass E124 with a really high pass but got a bare fail with E123 so i am having to resit in April.

I found these courses ok but maybe a bit much to do together when working full time and having children and a home to look after.

Together these courses form the Certificate in Early Years Practice which is recognised by OFSTED as a nationally accepted LEVEL 4 qualification and is also listed on the National Framework of Qualifictions.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

N

U212 is quite a hard going course with assignments due throughout the year and an exam at the end this is a compulsory course if you are looking at doing the Youth and childhood degree it can also be an optional course for the Foundation Degree in early Years and the BA in early years. Are you looking at doing two courses together if so then i can recommend E243 & E230 which i found quite manageable together and are 30 points each and are both able to be counted towards any of the degrees I mentioned above. Hope this helps and welcome to the forum

Hello I completed K204 3 years ago and really enjoyed it. The quality of the Reader and the materials from the OU was fantastic and i had a great tutor. There is a proper exam, in real exam conditions in a hall ( :( ) but it was not too bad. It was my favorite part of the Foundation Degree, which I passed last year. I am now about to start KE312 'Working together for children' which will turn my Foundation Degree into a BA in Early Years.

Very exciting news is that along with the NDNA the OU is offering the EYPS so one day when I have a Maths GCSE C grade ( ha ha ) I will be allowed to reach that higher state in our profession!

I hope you enjoy it,

Teri

Hi, I did U212 last year. As bell06 said, the TMAs are hard going - 7 in all - but overall the course was really interesting. It was my first OU course and I was really impressed.

Good luck in what ever you decide.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)