Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Leadership And Management (help Please)

wow its been a long time since ive asked for help from everyone. as im still doing the nvq4 and my target is to finish by easter i wonder if u could help me. Could someone please help and let me know the difference between leadership and management ive looked on various parts of the internet and ive got management books also. They all seem to go around the houses and im not sure what i should be writing. any help would be appreciated. not only have i got to find it out i need to find how it all links to theory. i hope someone can help or even guide me in the right direction. i have to do this in a proffessional discussion and i dont want to be chatting on about stuff i may not need.

Thank u in advance for any replies

wow its been a long time since ive asked for help from everyone. as im still doing the nvq4 and my target is to finish by easter i wonder if u could help me. Could someone please help and let me know the difference between leadership and management ive looked on various parts of the internet and ive got management books also. They all seem to go around the houses and im not sure what i should be writing. any help would be appreciated. not only have i got to find it out i need to find how it all links to theory. i hope someone can help or even guide me in the right direction. i have to do this in a proffessional discussion and i dont want to be chatting on about stuff i may not need.

Hello,

I have recently been on a leadership and management course and they said in simple terms that a leader makes the decision and is inspirational and inspiring etc and the manager makes sure that what the leader wants doing is done. I'll have a good look for my notes when I get back to work and then I'll try and e-mail you some ideas.

Boogie x

I have read a book on this (can't remember which one off hand). It asked you to think of all the important leaders that you could think of from history. It generally summarised them as someone who is inspirational and has drive and vision - who others WANT to follow.

Hello,

I have recently been on a leadership and management course and they said in simple terms that a leader makes the decision and is inspirational and inspiring etc and the manager makes sure that what the leader wants doing is done. I'll have a good look for my notes when I get back to work and then I'll try and e-mail you some ideas.

Boogie x

Hi, I have unearthed an old assignment which i did on leadership and management from my foundation degree, so here goes!

I have to say one of the most useful sources of info i found was:

http://www.businessballs.com/businessballs...ings_categories

you have to look up the theorists from a long list, but the info is very good

Theories i used were:

-maslows hierarchy of needs

-Munro fraser 5 point plan

-Frederick hertzbergs hygiene and motivational theory (strange title but very interesting!)

-SMART targets

-Organisational cultures

-Leadership styles (autocratic leadership, bureaucratic leadership, charasmatic leadership, democratic leadership, laissez faire leadership, people orientated leadership, relations orientated leadership, task orientated leadership, transactional leadership and transformational leadership)

-Rodd

-Belbin's eight roles within successful teams

-Fox, M

-Goleman

-Charles Handy

-Likert

-X,Y theory

Hope this helps :o

I would like to thank everyone that has replied to this and im sure it all will cum it really handy when i go to do my discussion thank again x

Hi

I have finally tracked you down. I have replied to your post but have put it in Curriculum areas because I couldn't find this original post. I've copied my reply onto here now I have found you.

Hello,

'Leadership is the art of getting things done well through other people' Danial Goleman.

Leadership= people focused - Develops, empowers, grows. Key words - vision, makes vision practical, communicates, takes responsibility, role model, creates a climate to allow others to achieve the vision, educates, motivates, inspires

Management = task force - plans, organises, monitors and evaluates, sets deadlines, deploys people and resources, reviews and modifies. (gets is done)

Leaders inspire, motivate and influence staff and pupils. They create effective teams.

Key principles of leadership - vision/direction, empowerment, alignment, modelling.

Leadership behaviours - challenge the process, inspire a shared vision, enable others to act, model the way, encourage the heart.

Sorry if this seems a bit jumbled but I have literally just copied out my notes for you.

Really hope you find this useful.

Boogie x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)