Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Next After Nvq3 Besides Foundation Degree ?

Have just got my NVQ3 in Childrens Care , Learning and Development . Not sure what route to take next. Have only been working with children for the past 12 months , although I have two children of my own .

Have thought about the Foundation Degree but at the moment with two children at primary school and a hubby who works some long hours the tuturial hours at our local college are not convenient , also not sure about the workload .

what other options are avaliable to me , I am not in a managemnet position although in my previous career I proved my leadership , management and organisational skills.

It seems at the moment that people are being encouraged to do the Foundation Degree , for obvious reasons , but is there any other route to show that you have practical and the necessary work based experince ? In a couple of years time will I be 'under qualified ' if I dont follow on with any more training ?

A bit confused .

If you really decide that you wish to update your qualifications (but do not feel under any pressure) then you could always do a NVQ level 4 or do you have a specific area you are interested in SENCO, Behaviour Management this could be an option for you. I have a lot of staff who have level 3 who just continue to update their knowledge and skills through ongoing training on activities creativity etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)