Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A Christmas Decortations Accident

beth1

Got back this afternoon from yet another trip to the trafford centre. Went for some lovey American style dounuts (yummy).

Dad decied to get the christmas tree down from the loft, well he did that but suddenly the loft ladders gave way he fell backwards into a wall with the ladders on top of him. :(:o Infact part of the ladder went throught the wall, I had to quckly remove the ladders before helping dad. Well dad ended up cutting his head open, I rushed to call for an ablulance very carmly mum rushing around like a headless chicken. :wacko: Went to hosptial, stayed there for a couple of hours only to but that surgucial glue to seal the cut, poor dad also as hurt the bottom of his back (no xray or further look). xD

Luckly he is fine but sore, the worst bit is dad could have crushed me under his weight as I was stood near him and only jumped out of the way into the bathroom. :( The ladders have broken, theres a hole in the wall, oh the bin is crushed and the loft door is broken. :(

Beth

Edited by beth1

Beth,

thinking of you and your dad (and your home). Golly, what a nightmare, but glad all is relatively well - please consider getting your dad's back looked at though,

Take care x

Decorating the home at christmas never looks as 'romantic' as portrayed in films or magazines does it!!! It's always a stressful time in our house! Glad you Dad is not too bad.

I ended up taking dad to work, sending in an application form in person what fun that was but a very nice school from the outside. Then got home and put up the christmas tree and reaised that we left a big bag of decorations up there luckly we had a spare pair of lights so they went up on the christmas tree. Now I am waiting for a phone call from dad to say I am ready to leave come and get me.

Beth