Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

They Finally Came.......

Guest MaryEMac

Guest MaryEMac

Just as I was about to open the door to the children this morning we had a visitor with a badge that said she was from Ofsted. :o We have been waiting since the early part of the year and they have finally arrived.

Our children have been brilliant today and the inspector made some positive comments about the play and how we work with the children. Luckily our the most challenging child on the register has gone down with chicken pox. I was relieved for us but sad for her.

The inspector comes again on Wednesday with the feedback at 3p.m. I think that we will all be so drained by the time weds comes. I'll keep you posted.

Mary

I am so pleased that you had some positive feedback and wish you a good report for Wednesday. I can't understand however why schools get a notification of an Ofsted visit and other settings don't. This doesn't seem at all fair when we all work for the same cause. What's the explanation? luluj

Guest MaryEMac

Well, she's gone. Now we can relax. I know that the outcome is confidential but she said that we could tell parents that she was pleased with what she had seen. She was actually very pleasant and was very helpful with strategies. In answer to your question LJW, we don't run on a Tuesday as Tot's group have the room. That was actually helpful as it meant that I had a day to check over paperwork and sort out things. I was awake at 5 this morning cos I couldn't shut my brain down so as you can imagine I am very tired and will be glad to get to bed tonight. Luckily no session tomorrow as the children are having a party which the committee are organising but I have got to cascade the EYFS training to the other staff. Thanks for all your good wishes.

Mary