Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Resigned.

Guest bertha

Guest bertha

Hi all,

I could stand it no more and handed in my resignation, so now find myself unemployed after being in continual employment in childcare for about 17 years.

I have been told (by Acas) if I had worked there for a year I would have been able to take them to a tribunal for unfair dismissal.

As it has mainly been just the two committee members who have dealt with this (friends of the trouble maker), the other members who were not invited but should have been at the meetings to listen and to express their views, I have written a letter to them to inform them of the events that have taken place.

Thank you all for yor advice. :o

Bertha,

What an awful shame for you to be forced into this position. xD Coming to a decision like this is never easy but you'll probably be feeling relieved now that you've made up your mind. I hope this doesn't put you off entirely. I think you are right to send them a letter detailing everything that's gone on. They won't improve the way they operate unless they know where they went wrong. :o Do you have ot work any notice or not? Let us know what you're planning to do next. :)

HI bertha

I am not fully aware of your situation but feel I must tell you how sorry I am that you are in such a position as to need to resign.

I hope that you will begin to recover now that you have made that decision and that you will soon find yourself in a happier workplace. Good luck.

Also if I have not welcomed you in before please let me do so if a little belatedly.

Bertha

Im so sorry it came to this...

Make sure you copy ALL the commitee and anyone else like trustees if you have them.

Good luck in finding another position, we all feel for you. :o

Hi Bertha, I was in your position a couple of years ago only luckily for me the cause of my unhappiness left before I found a new job. I dont know the details of your case but mine was bullying. There's nothing worse than been in an unhappy environment and I've made it my mission to create a happy, open working environment. I hope you go on to find a place that you can be truely happy in. Try to put the trouble behind you and good luck.