Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cleaning

I was just wondering if anyone had an example of how your setting records what cleaning has been done etc? We are a pre-school in our own timber lodge but an after school club also runs form it. The pre-school seems to be doing the majority of the cleaning such as hoovering, toilets etc and I would like to record what we do and when?

Any help gratefully recieved.

jenni x

Tricky one this!

What about a kind of ticksheet - like the ones that say "we regularly clean these toilets..." followed by the time it was last cleaned and the name/initials when it was done?

Maz

I would also suggest a tick-list....date, time & signature on. It's always difficult when other people use the room. Maybe at least this way you will be able to see if you are doing all the cleaning & have written evidence if you need to speak to anyone.

The only problem I see here is that a 'signed' sheet / tick list will only work if the other users use it, showing when they do any cleaning too. :o

This situation is more about getting together and discussing these problems and coming up with an agreed solution with everyone involved.

In my shared accomodation we have a communication book and if for example I arrive in the morning to find heating turned off, toilets uncleaned, rubbish on floors etc, I write it in the book, dated, this then shows which group ( the previous evening) left the mess, then the 'landlord' know who exactly is responsible and has a word with them. Sometimes there is even a genuine reason why a mess has been left ( staff shortage or other incident). Basically the diary/communication book ensures everyone ( including us) is accountable and therefore responsible.

Peggy

We have a book like Peggy describes - makes very interesting reading!

Especially my entry about the alien inside the fridge that makes it rock and roll in a most disturbing fashion...

"Watch out, watch out there's a Humphrey about" oh - that's another thread!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)