Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wages

Deb

Hi

Our committee have overhauled the way we do the wages which should hopefully make things simpler. Previously we have calculated number of sesssions worked over a four month period, with the staff pay being the same for those 4 months and any adjustments made at the end of the period.

We are now forecasting sessions over the year to give a monthly wage with adjustements made monthly. I would dearly love to see how others manage this. Our old system is so complicated, I'd like to start afresh so was hoping you guys would be very kind and download your system for collecting and recording and passing on this information.

I collate the information to give to the accountant who simply completes the PAYE part for us. Would anybody who does something similar be willing to share how they do things?

I think I need to be able to show staff exactly what they are being paid for, the information of the pay slips is very basic. I need a simple form to be able to show staff say if they have been paid additional hours or have taken unpaid leave etc.

Also how do you pay holiday pay. Currently we simply take the monthly wage and add holiday pay to it which is paid monthly. I don't think this is right. I think it should be paid at set times but how do you do this?

As you can see my head is rather muddled on this, would really appreciate some help on this.

Hi Deb

Peggy's your man for this - she posted her spreadsheet for calculating wages etc fairly recently. If you search the forum posts I'm sure you'll find it!

There was a long discussion also on here about holiday pay and how to calculate it. Again if you do a search you'll find it.

And when you've sorted the holiday pay do let me know ... :o

Maz

Hi

This is how I calculate our wages

Weekly 100.00 x Weeks per year 100.00 x 38 = £3800

4.8 weeks holiday 100.00 x 4.8 = £480.00

Total 3800.00 + 480.00 = £4280.00

£4280.00/12=£356.6667

Monthly pay over 12 months = £356.67

Our staff get paid for monthly based on the time sheets submitted for that month. The holiday pay is calculated at the end of the Summer term and paid in August. Hope this helps. So staff can receive different amounts each month.

We used to have staff submit monthly time sheets which wages were calculated from, that way they knew the hours they were paid for...BUT this had problems with 5 weeks of pay some months and 3 weeks of pay others, so now we calculate same as Lou, and they submit a time sheet for any extra hours worked which is added or time off which is deducted each month. Our committee decided to give the 4.8 weeks even though we only work 38 weeks a year...so much easier.

this is useful if you want to work out how much to pay Holiday entitlement calculator

Our Time sheet is a simple grid with room for their name and month it applies to plus days of the month & room to put extra hours worked or off on it, This is checked each month by someone to ensure it is correct.

Inge

Thanks everyone for your replies which will help me see things a little clearer when I've got a bit more time to study them.

Maz have tried to find Peggy's spreadsheet but cannot find it in a forum search. I know by looking at Peggy's employment contract that she pays holiday pay at set times. Will keep on searching.

thanks again.

are these the ones?

Sandra - is not paid pro rata, her hours are recorded monthly. Holiday pay is one week ( average paid) per term.

Cheryl - This shows pro rata inclusive of holiday pay.

Peggy

These are absolutely the ones!

Maz

Thank you so mucy for these. Having trouble focusing this early in the morning let alone thinking so have saved them and will look forward to looking at them properly this evening.

Thank you all, it really does help me to see how others set things out, I am very much a visual learner!

i got this from here , Peggy's work, but cannot find the original so have added our adapted copy, allows you to keep track of how much is due and when, so if they leave mid year you know how much to pay them.

we just adjust the hours worked from staff submitted time sheets each month.

Inge

oops sorry same file twice!!

pro_rata_wage_calculations.xls

pro_rata_wage_calculations.xls

Edited by Inge