Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What A Way To Start The Week!

:o Got to work this morning to find our lovely white marquee which has been housing our outside provision since September.....painting, sand, tuff spot, puzzles, drawing etc......blown away on to the roof of our sheds and ripped to pieces xD

It has been so nice to be able to go outside and provide eveything we had inside outisde.......didn't even think it was windy really.

Sorry to hear that Mrsb.

We had one of our awnings sheltering part of our outside area break a few weeks ago. We are now fundraising for a more permanent structure (not sure of design yet but a roof of course and perhaps removable sides).

This is proving very expensive.

We also love to bring the inside outside and this must be very disappointing for your children when its raining heavily.

Hope you can sort it soon.

What a shame. It has been really wet and windy down here in the South West over the last few days. Hope the mess wasn't too bad for you to clear up.

Edited by Guest

:o not sure about the insurance covering it, will have to look into that. I took some photo's of the marquee and the mess so when I put them on the computer I will show you!!!!

Oh dear - not a great start was it?

Lovely to be able to offer great outdoors activities - but awful now to lose those opportunities.

I hope you get it all cleared up and are raring to go again soon.

Maz

Horrible when your things get damaged. xD

Can you get a pagoda instead? They are easy to put up and down and start at around £30 from Woolworths or B&Q. Probably the wrong time of year to look, but it might do until you can afford something more stable. :o

Guest tinkerbell

WE went through 3 pagodas last year with wind.We had tied them down to sturdy picnic benches which ended up on the shed roof!!

Tinkerbellx

:o Here's some pictures of our marquee and toys...looked like we had been hit by a hurricane xD Not had anytime to sort anything out yet as christmas activities etc seem to be in the way!!!

post-8412-1196804330_thumb.jpg

post-8412-1196804361_thumb.jpg

On Tuesday morning our Nursery fence was smashed to pieces and there was blood all up the walls and all over the porch from people fighting - nice in a church building heh? :o I'm fed up with reporting criminal damage to the police and them doing nothing - thats 5 times in November......

Anyway Forensics turned up to get evidence and all he did was use one long cotton bud and dab at the blood on the wall very half-heartedly. Don't think he'll get much evidence with that attitude do you?

Anyway, a fab man called Fred has completely mended our fence so that we can play outside again. He was out there in the wind and the rain, bought the materials himself and spent a whole morning doing it. I'm going to get the children to make him a 'thank you' card!

Its reassuring to know that there are such lovely people supporting you.

Mrsb that is just so sad.

I really hope you get it all sorted soon - Christmas does rather get in the way doesn't it?

I have to admit to "outdoor area envy" though - it looks as if it was absolutely fantastic before the hurricane hit. Hope you're back to normal soon.

Maz

Anyway Forensics turned up to get evidence and all he did was use one long cotton bud and dab at the blood on the wall very half-heartedly. Don't think he'll get much evidence with that attitude do you?

I think I've been in this job too long: was just thinking "oooh what a fantastic learning experience: did the children watch?".

Not very nice for the children to witness blood amidst the devastation though: as you say a church building is probably the least appropriate place for a fight.

Thank goodness for Fred: it sounds as if he's one of life's good guys.

Maz

The week has not got any better.....I've had a parent sobbing on the telephone because she missed her son singing in our 'little' christmas performance claiming she didn't know about it when they all received a letter and no other parent missed it! Feeling guilty I think because she worked. A member of staff who's chrismtas cheer hasn't found her yet and been moaning constantly about a number of things...and to top it all now I have got this sore throat virus thing that's going around :o feeling very deflated at the moment...even watching the children from the school do their dress rehearsal yesterday only brought a small smile to my face xD

Thanks for listening to me moan.......I know it's a busy time of year for all and so thank you for taking the time to read about my sorrows!!!!!

Oh No!! Why do so many parents claim not to have received thier letetrs??? I am feeling much the same as you, moaning staff, moaning parents etc etc but I always feel like this at the end of this term. I think its because its sooo busy with so much going on! The staff are tired and the children are excited (and/or poorly)!! We have had chicken pox, Scarlet Fever, Sickness bug, hand foot and mouth as well as the usual colds all this term!! And Still the parents continue to try and bring them to school because 'they insisted they wanted to come'!!! aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I really hope next week is better for you!! The end is nigh....hang on in there!!

Jenni x

Oh Jenni, how right you are. We've had to send so many children home this week with a range of different things. As you say the parents bring them in because 'they want to come' just who is the parent here????

No thought to the other children or staff and how they will continue to cope until the end of term. Makes me so cross! :o

Anyway MrsB I'm sorry for what has happened, if you've had the weather we have had this week I hope you found alternative waterproof accommodation for your resources. Lets hope next week is better, it's nearly the end of term.

Hello Mrsb. I had exactly the same thing happen from an irate parent on Thursday. Nearly same circumstances but parent doesn't work. She even had the cheek to ask me why her child had been excluded !!!!!!I told HER that WE were disappointed that her child hadn't turned up without a brief phone call to explain the absence.