Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wish Me Luck...

Sue R

Hi all,

Expect you're all fed up of me moaning about being bored and wanting to go back to work... :o

Well, I'm REALLY worried now, as I go back to see the Consultant on Monday afternoon, to see if I can lose the crutches, which will mean I'll be on course to go back June 7th. Trouble is, I don't think it's going to happen. Still in a lot of discomfort, and can't bear weight on that leg. Can you bear to cross things again???

Feeling really despondent, sorry

Sue xD

Hi Sue, have a big hug.

Sorry to hear things are not all well with you yet, I presume progress is slower than you were expecting it to be?

Hope things go well with the consultant, but you mustnt go back to work until you have been given the OK.

So we'll all be keeping everything crossed for you, let us know what happens.

In the meantime have you got a hobby you can pursue sittign down?

Dont apologise for feeling despondent. We are here to support each other as well as share the good things. :o

Hi Sue

Don't feel too down, We are all here to support you and to chat to when you feel low. I know exactly how you are feeling as you know I am living with a man in the same position and he is going stir crazy!!!

Don't try to walk on it if you don't feel ready as you will do more damage in the long run, a few more weeks maybe is all you need. And enjoy the nice weather while you can i say!

Take care. i'm sure you will fine

Trea x

Thanks mundia and trea -

have to say, I think I may need my eyes looking at, too, as I read your comment, mundia as 'have you got a hUbby you pursue sitting down' :o One track mind!!!

It's great, too to know it's not just me that's going stir-crazy, trea - is he getting snappy? I'm ashamed to say I am. xD

Thanks for being there,

weak smiles

Sue :)

Oh Sue,

Is it really selfish to say I don't want you to go back to work yet? xD I've really enjoyed your company on here. :) Guess you need to get back sometime. Well, if you get back good luck :o - if you don't (yay! at least you get to hang out a bit longer :D ) Its a win win situation for me! :D

Oh thank you Carol!

You're all so great out there! I feel like crying now! It's amazing how much of a friendship you can build without ever meeting!! :D . Wish we could!

Don't worry, whatever happens I won't desert FSF!!! :(xD Although you may wish I had :o I just won't be here all the time!

Sue :D

Hi Sue R,

Good luck on Monday I hope it all goes well for you, must have missed your previous posts how long have you been off? Can you give me any tips on surviving please :) I go for an opp during 1/2 term and am expected to be off work for up to 6 weeks. I know its not a lot of time in the scale of things but I do enjoy work most of the time even if things are not going as planned at the moment and I may not have a job to go back too! if you have read my post in danger of closing you will know what I mean. Any survival tips gratefully received.

Gizzy :)

Good luck on Monday Sue, hope the progress to recovery is good if slower than hoped!

Gizzy, you too, must take care. Not a good time for an op but your health must come first.

Take care both of you. :)

Thanks to all!

Gizzy, I've been off since the end of March, had a revision of a Hip Replacement on 2nd April, came home 8th and have been occupying myself since mainly here! Even I can't read constantly, and I never thought I'd be saying that!!!!! xD

What are you going in for? Maybe we'll be able to keep each other company if I can't go back to work when I hope!! :o

Stay in touch,

Hi Sue,

Its a gyne opp. Must admit the not driving for 6 weeks is the bit that worries me, just have to rely on my friends, I know they will help out.

Do hope that all goes well on Monday and you are not off for too much longer. It must seem like you have been off for ages.

Take care and let us know how you get on.

Gizzy

good luck Sue, my hubby has been off a year now, recovering and has been told not to expect to go back until jan at least. he can sypathise with you

he says enjoy the rest, and the sun when it is here. youll soon be flying again

Sarah

Hello both of you

Read lots and I know it sounds mad, but I took up knitting when I had to have some enforced time off. It's eiher mad or sa, but true.

:o

Kate

Well, thanks all for keeping me grounded!

Went well, my fears were unfounded, everything as it should be and I can go back to work as planned, but I've got to be careful. :D:D

Relief!

I shall post for England (and Scotland :o ) now, so keep your heads down till I've gone back!! xD