Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Soap Flakes

Just come back from shopping (yuk!!) have been stocking up on cornflour, shaving foam and was hoping to find soap flakes in Asda....didn't do them. Any ideas where to get soap flakes?????

As you mentioned soap flakes, I knew I had seen a recipe for soap snow. Here it is........

2 cups soap flakes

half cup water

Whip with mixer, adding more soap or water as needed until the consistency of very thick whipped cream. Dip hands in water before moulding so that the snow won't stick to them.

Uses:- snowman or snowballs, frosting cardboard. You can also press it through a pastry tube or use pastry cutters. Dries to a pourous texture that lasts for weeks.

I found the recipe in a very old PPA book "Fun and Food for Playgroups". I haven't tried it - has any one else?

Sue J

You can use SueJ's recipe in a piping bag to "write" letters (good for developing grip and fine motor control) if you leave the letters they will set quite hard. You can add food colouring at the beginning with the water. I did this on an outdoor course last year.

Thanks for the snow idea, I've only ever used them in the water tray, must add my class love them. tend to put gloves on the children I know have sensitive skin Sue.

As you mentioned soap flakes, I knew I had seen a recipe for soap snow. Here it is........

2 cups soap flakes

half cup water

Whip with mixer, adding more soap or water as needed until the consistency of very thick whipped cream. Dip hands in water before moulding so that the snow won't stick to them.

Uses:- snowman or snowballs, frosting cardboard. You can also press it through a pastry tube or use pastry cutters. Dries to a pourous texture that lasts for weeks.

I found the recipe in a very old PPA book "Fun and Food for Playgroups". I haven't tried it - has any one else?

Sue J

Brilliant - must get some floap sakes and try it out!

Maz

(left in my spoonerism - because it is one of my better ones!)