Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Stage Profiles

I am confused. I have been asked by my head to complete the entry assessment profiles for my reception children. I thought that children had 1 point for each area achieved. However, when I looked at the data for last years children, (not completed by me) I could see that some had gained 13 for creative development. Can anyone help?

There are 9 points on each of 13 scales in the profile.

PSE, CLL, MD each have 3 scales.

I dont understand 13 points for creative unless there has been a typo somewhere?

Or unless someone has added the numbers of the points rather than one point for each number, if you get my drift.

So if a child has achieved points 1, 2, 3 and 7 that would add up to 13, but really it should only be four.

Or am I just confusing the issue :o

Maz

no that was my first though Maz. Although if this is the case, then all of the scores would be very 'odd' If its just the one score that doesn't seem right, its probably a tipping error.

Marion, is there any additional info you can give us so we can help you out?

Thank you everyone!!!! I think it must have been a typing error. The official document that has come back from the LA does not have it on. I'm beginning to think I must be going mad, especially now that I can't find the document the head gave me. I think possibly my student has picked it up by mistake. Anyway figures all entered and e mailed now. Thanks again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)