Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Am A Very Bad Mummy Too!

Deb

Just had a lie down in a darkened room after spending a small fortune on a dress (well gown really) for our 25th wedding anniversary party which is in less than 10 days!

Wasn't going to buy anything, maybe a new top, as I'm not exactly the size 12 I was on my wedding day but I've just bought the most gorgeous emerald green taffeta gown and am bursting to tell.

It seems to hide one or two bulges too. I'm so excited!

Of course, I had to have the little diamante necklace that was so perfect for the dress too.

I would have walked out of the shop if my husband and daughter hadn't insisted I buy it. I kept saying 'you don't think it's a little dressy!' I very rarely wear anything but trousers.

With studying and work and being a mum I am not even remotely ready for this party, it will be very last minute with family and friends mucking in but I can't wait now. Will be tearing my hair out next week when it finally dawns on me how much I haven't thought of, but I've got something to wear!

and why did hubby and daughter insist you get the dress???....................

because you're worth it. xD

Have a great party, all the things you forget won't matter because you feel good so don't even begin to worry about them. :o

can't wait to see the photo's.

and by the way, congratulations to you and hubby on your 25th Anniversary. :(

Peggy

Definetly not a bad mummy but obviously the best!!

You deserve it - you are juggling everything like a lot of us we all need treats.

Hope it all goes really well. :oxD:(

When you venture out of your darkened room Deb you really must give some thought to..............shoes!!

Can't wear the old trainers with this frock you know!

Bring your daughter & husband along too, after all they insisted you buy the dress so can't really protest at the shoes too. :(:(

25 married years is a great achievement these days, with all the pressures of study and work and home life so I would like to offer my sincerest congratulations to you both. I'm sure the night will go wonderfully well and you will look stunning in your gown with some spectacular sparkly shoes peaking out from under it. :oxD

Enjoy the night - don't forget to post the photos!!!

You must be a special mummy indeed if both daughter and hubby insisted you treat yourself. I agree with the others - 25 years married is a great cause for celebration. I hope you have a lovely evening and I'm sure you'll look and feel a million dollars!

Maz

Ooh, it sounds lovely!!! Definitely need photos, lots of them!!!

I totally agree with the shoes comment too. I can't wait for our 25th, 3 to go! Should I warn him it might get expensive?!

Hmm, just had to do a quick edit:

What happens about the hubbies for the 25th? Never thought about that, do they get something lovely too? Perhaps I'd better start saving, not spending cos mine's worth a million!

Edited by Guest

Thanks everyone for your support, makes me feel so much better!

As for the trainers under the dress, I think my stripy socks were rather fetching! I hope it's not as cold as it is tonight otherwise I'll have to wear my thermals. Wonder if I can find my garter from our wedding day, probably wouldn't get further than my knees these days!

LJW those 3 years will fly by, better start saving! So glad we are taking time out to mark the occasion. Have yet to sort out clothes for my daughter and husband - talk about last minute!

Will post some photos.