Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Crafts!

Hello With the C word just around the corner i thought maybe it would be a good idea to share our christmas craft ideas xD I am sure between us we have a whole load of different activites and templates for all the usual christmasy bits :o

I bought wooden picture frames (3 for 80p in Wilkinsons online). We decorated them with stickers and will put a photo of child in them - we'll ask for a donation at the xmas fair to cover costs and suggest £1.00 each.

:o We have decided to do:

christmas cards

hats (for coffee & mince pie morning where the children sing some of their favourite christmas songs)

placemats ( for xmas party)

and thought we would do a large group activity for a display.......a large christmas tree made out of the childrens own hands (in green paper) put on a wall or probable cupboard door. Then get them to make decorations to decorate with.

probable think of other festive activities to do but these will be the adult-led focused ones.

using child's photo on A4 coloured sheet. Place child drawing of 4 seasons on paper. then laminate. Add small calendar to finish it off, sell or use as pressie for kids at end of term

we did the xmas tree with green handprints last year it was lovely!

also with green handprints we've made a wreath and put red fingerprints for berries and used it for a calendar.

this year we're making an angel calendar- white handprints for wings, a triangle of doile for dress the rest is just childrens imagination.

If you can get hold of some pine cones, glue the ends and dip them in glitter, they look good.

We are also making place mats and then laminating them.

Angles, rudolphs, cracker cards, calendar with flower on and child face in middle of flower.

Also making stocking door hangers, christmas trees, present boxes (from IKEA) then decorated.

We make something different every day for the two weeks leading upto christmas hols!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.... first post so here goes!

We have made a door wreath from a circle of card, the children choose and cut a Christmas card picture for in the middle. My student precuts loads of holly shapes and the children stick them around the edge of the circle. We have a hole puncher and red shiny paper available for berries.

My student cuts quite large holly leaves in bulk folding the paper.... I have seen people photocopying a page full and then cutting each one individually :o

Our littlies (2 years old) have been making cards with Father Christmas on, using upside down handprints: paint their fingers white, their palms pink and the thumb and base of the hand red...... what do you get? Father Christmas! They are lovely!

We have also made A3 keepsake Christmas placemats, with a rhyme and the children have handprinted either side in white. You add snowman features to each finger, a hat, buttons etc. Laminated, we have sold them for £1.50 each (Bargain!) On target to make £75!

Christmas_Placemats_2007_fundraiser.doc

hi Brenda how are you making your angels? I know there is a really simple pattern out there somewhere as I have done them in the past xD but I just cant remember :o

For calendars we used four pre-cut silouettes of tree using black paper. Then finger painting - white for winter, pink for spring, green for summer, red, yellow and orange for autumn. Then we laminated them, but not really necessary.

We were "crafty" pardon the pun but at our Family Day we put out every Christmas craft activity we could think of for the parents to do with their child so in one day we "did" Christmas :o

Reindeer as already described

Angels ~ similar footprint body hand print wings and a circle of card for the face

Christmas stocking shapes to decorate

Christmas pudding shapes covered with spices brown sugar currants

Christmas robins with split pin moveable wings

Stars ~ two triangles and art straws sprayed gold or silver

snowman biscuits

party hats

Christmas trees ~ small triangles in shades of gree to make a larger triangle

Stained glass candle picture

snowflakes ~ circle of dark blue card with silver "wheel shaped" pasta to make snowflake effect

handprint wreaths

:oxD A couple of photo's for you to see.....it's looking very festive in the nursery and the children have been so busy with all their creations!

We've been making hats, placemats and our christmas tree with our hands.

post-8412-1197581694_thumb.jpg

post-8412-1197581738_thumb.jpg

post-8412-1197581778_thumb.jpg

hi Brenda how are you making your angels? I know there is a really simple pattern out there somewhere as I have done them in the past xD but I just cant remember :o

Has anyone got a link to the pattern for angels?

Cheers Mel C

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)