Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted - At Last!

dublinbay

Today we had just settled down with cuppa and lovely choccie biscuits at a staff meeting to discuss christmassy things when.....................................we got the word.................... OFSTED are coming - next Wednesday and Thursday!!!!!!

We've been waiting for ages and are actually relieved its about to happen. Since we came back after the summer holidays we have been getting ready and so there is not the mad panic I was expecting.

I am strangly calm (is that normal??) :( but feel I should be panicing!

I am looking forward to showing the inspector all the great things about our setting.

Thats my weekend sorted then. Bit of policy re- reading and checking I'm up-to-date with my key children's files.

Lovely!!

Wish me luck!! :oxD

We have been waiting all year, getting more and more wound up and stressed - wish they'd just COME!!

As a DN, we have no notice at all, so I may be here, a gibbering wreck, next week!! :o

Sue

PS, sorry! Good Luck!

Just wondered, if you are a committe run pre-school, how come you have been given notice? Are you managed/overseen by the school in some way?

Actually we have never been inspected with the school before so it came as a complete surprise when the Head of the school came to tell us yesterday. We are entirely different entities so not really sure why it happened this way.

What a great attitude you have dublinmay, Inspection should be a time that we hard working very, very concientious, knowledgable professionals should be able to shout from the roof tops the results for the children and families of our hard work and dedication.

With your attitude I can foresee an 'enjoyable' experience for you, and as others have said, once done, you can continue with everyday life without the 'waiting' feeling.

Good luck.

Peggy

A pre-school in our town, that is in the grounds of the school, were also inspected when the school was. It seems this may be the norm now.

One good thing though, at least you get a bit of notice! :o

Well now!!!!

Ofsted has left the building!!

They came a day early on Tuesday and finsihed today - feedback is on Friday and I cannot wait.

I had prepared myself to be a bit nervous, self-conscious and maybe a little scared but I was not prepared for.................. the nicest inspector in the country.

A woman who got down on the floor to play with the children, helped at snack-bar, swept the floor and not a lap-top or note-book to be seen until after the children had gone.

She has been complimentory, friendly and encouraging and without jumping to conclusions, I think we have done rather well.

It does help, I think, that we all love what we do and this shows as being normal practice rather than just put on for her benefit.

I'm on a real high now and maybe I can get my TMA01 finished in the next few days - needs posting next monday/tuesday.

Will report further on the feedback. :oxD:(:(:( :wacko: xD :rolleyes: :unsure: ;)

Well done!

Over at last now you can enjoy the rest of the term and especially christmas :(

Don't forget to let us know your outcome on Friday. We promise not to tell anyone!!!!!!!!!! :oxD:(

There, I just knew you would have a positive experience. xD:(

Positive thinking equals positive results. :o

plus a lot of hard work, well done to you and your team. :(

Peggy

well done -

they must be doing the rounds in leicestershire!!

we've had ours in school this week also and so have the pre-school that 's our main feeder!!

nicky