Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Responsible Teenagers

Rea

Salsa73 suggested that someone start a thread about responsible teens. So here goes...

I just asked my 17 yr old what he's done today that was responsible.

He's typed his own reply (and I wont be held responsible for it!)

'How are you judging responsibility, its an opinion, not a fact? Being responsible is a stereotype, in which our society's opinion may differ to others. Some will have a different view on what is responsible and what isn't.'

So there you go then :o

My 14 year old said his responsible thing was to hand in his homework on time xD

Our Foster lad became ThirTEEN just yesterday. xD

So as a newby teenager I was pleased to come home from work to find that he had 'chosen' to do 2 hours 'study time' ( as he calls it) without being reminded to. However, Hubby says he did hear him listening to his CD, one of his birthday presents. :(:o

Peggy

Salsa73 suggested that someone start a thread about responsible teens. So here goes...

'How are you judging responsibility, its an opinion, not a fact? Being responsible is a stereotype, in which our society's opinion may differ to others. Some will have a different view on what is responsible and what isn't.'

So there you go then xD

My 14 year old said his responsible thing was to hand in his homework on time :(

well sounds like his mother's son to me!!! :o

And isnt being responsible about not being irresponsible and understanding those norms that deem us responsible in the society that we operate in, so that we dont find ourselves behaving irresponsibly?

( I think I know what I mean!!)

well sounds like his mother's son to me!!! xD

And isnt being responsible about not being irresponsible and understanding those norms that deem us responsible in the society that we operate in, so that we dont find ourselves behaving irresponsibly?

( I think I know what I mean!!)

This is Sam typing..

But thats the point, responsibility is only deemed normal in OUR society, which can differ to others. Something that is responsible to you may not be responsible to me.

It would be irresponsible of me not to point this out :o

Mother dearest just said 'And thats the last time you're speaking to my friends on the forum..'

*Cry*

My son has aspergers- he is 16. He says 'what is the point in fireworks- why to people want to watch colourful explosions in the sky. He says responsibility is lowing your carbon output and saving the world from global warming. He says we should stop talking about irrelevant issues and talk about what really matters.

My 14 year old daughter asks where the straighteners are and wants to know what happened on eastenders last week because she missed it. Oh and have i got any money because she is going to Macdonald's with her friends... she is dyslexic

This is Sam typing..

But thats the point, responsibility is only deemed normal in OUR society, which can differ to others. Something that is responsible to you may not be responsible to me.

It would be irresponsible of me not to point this out :o

Lol. xD

Hmm Rea junior is quite correct, responsibility like many other things is culturally loaded. However, that doesn't mean that we cant say what we consider to be responsible, within the confines of the culture that we currently represent.

So there you go then xD

My 14 year old said his responsible thing was to hand in his homework on time :(

Love your 17 year old's reply Rea, wonder who taught him to question and think for himself?? :o