Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fundraising...

Having just booked a magician for our christmas party this year & thinking about presents from Santa......I have sent home letters for a sponsored scavenger hunt to raise funds to help towards the cost. We are also having a stall at the christmas fair at the school on the 24th Nov which I hope will also make some money.

What fundraising do you do that you find succesful????

mrsb :o

We are doing the same as you, having a stall at the school's xmas fair. We will be doing a 'name the teddy', sweets tombola and magic sand (filling xmas shapes with coloured sand)! As well as the stall at the fair we will be doing santa letters with reindeer dust. Hopefully all of that will help with the cost of the children's party.

j

Guest MaryEMac

We run a prize bingo once a year. We approach local and national firms for prizes and have in the past made anything from £300 -£600. It's hard work and you need a dedicated committee and parents who will help but the end result is worth it.

This year, in 2 weeks time we are having a jumble sale, it's the first one we've done for ages. We've got loads of stuff , just short of parents to give up a little time on the saturday morning. If enough volunteer then they may only have to do an hour, but you all know parents !!

Mary

We like Teddy's birthday.We sit teddy with a party hat on etc and provide a blank diary (usually a freebie from a rep-ask them) and people write thier name on a date.We put numbers on pieces of paper 1-30 and 1-12 then draw his birthday with the raffles.Its fair no pre selecting of name or date.

• 3 weeks later...

:oxD very pleased with our 'scavenger hunt' so far we have made 450.00 & parents are still brining in the completed forms :(:( We will have plenty for the Christmas party & hopefully purchase a much needed new shed!!

Got the school Xmas fair tomorrow where we have a stall and we have been donated a brand new giant teddy so we are starting a 'name the teddy' competition.

This is the second year that the scavenger hunt has been successful......it's certainly worth a go.

I'm really impressed with the amount you've managed to raise through the Scavenger Hunt. We find it very hard to get our parents involved in any fundraising events even though they know we're a charity.

I'm thinking of copying your idea but I wondered what kind of things did you ask the children to collect?

I'm really impressed with the amount you've managed to raise through the Scavenger Hunt. We find it very hard to get our parents involved in any fundraising events even though they know we're a charity.

I'm thinking of copying your idea but I wondered what kind of things did you ask the children to collect?

Welcome Jane - I'm sure I haven't welcomed you before (even though it says it is your second post!). I hope you enjoy the forum.

We are not a charity but we still do fund raising for new equipment etc - and I have to say our parents are very supportive. I have found most success with things the children make such as christmas cards and calendars because they make such good presents for grandma etc.

This year I have experimented with things like seed/plant catalogues from Suttons, name labels, calendars and planners - things that parents need/want to buy anyway that generate a percentage for the setting. Often they send their orders direct and you don't need to do anything, which is a bonus.

If anyone is interested I can post a few links - just need to dig the stuff out of the mess that is my admin system!

Maz

Hi Jane,

This is the second year we have done this and last year was just as successful making enough money to buy a new climbing frame. I sent home a sponsor form and collection sheet which I will attach.....we did ours beginning of the month so themed it to the time of year.

scavenger_hunt.doc

Hi Mrsb

We have done the same hunt as you mentioned, for years. It is the one of our most succesful fundraisers We do it every year in February and raise a great amount. The children love looking for the items and sticking them on the card and they proudly bring them back into Pre-school.

I'm going to do Teddy's Birthday that biccy suggested in the run up to the end of term and at our "Christmas Show".

Sue J

We had a load of tall plastic containers donated to us and we asked parents to fill them with sweets, hair bobbles, sticker sheets and whatever else they could think of. They all responded well with some even filling 2/3 jars each.

They were the prizes on the tombola at our autumn fair in September.

Guest MaryEMac

As mentioned earlier in this thread our jumble sale raised £250 which will pay for the christmas Party. I think that the whole village had been sorting out their cupboards because we had loads of jumble. Sorting it was the hardest part but it was great fun on the day.

Mary

Hi there

We have just held a succesful christmas sale, selling calendars, sweets, gift tags etc which the children made. We regularly have similar types of sales and always have tombola for both adults (bottles) and the kids (sweets etc). The tombola always makes an amazing amount of money.

We have also just held a Body Shop Party where we made money on refreshments and then received 10% from all sales made and received from every new booking made.

Another fantastic way we have found to raise funds is a silent auction. We made over £500 at our last summer fete. Local companies are always incredibly generous and its a really simple stall to man!

We have found that the best way to be succesful is to hold regular fundraisers it keeps everyone geared up for it and the organising becomes an enjoyable social event

Good luck!

Shelley

We held a stall at the Primary School Christamas Fair and we raised over £250!! We had a tombola, guess the teddy name and a crazy sand stall!! I really enjoy doing the sand with the children, they filled the bottles (christmas trees, snowmen etc) with layers of different coloured sand and loved it!! I will definately be doing that again!! Highly recommend crazysand.co.uk!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)