Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Inset

apple

Hi all

ok I'm an early bird this Saturday morning but couldn't sleep... :o I have been asked to provide some INSET for our staff on the EYFS and wanted to pick your brains to see if anyone had any advice on how to do this. As we haven't had any training yet- just the briefing- I'd be grateful of any ideas on how to approach this. Has anyone delivered any INSET to their staff and if so can you share how you went about it please?

many thanks

apple

Hi Apple,

Just wanted to say, if you have not had your EYFS training, it might be an idea to wait until you get the training then do the inset training day. I attended my first EYFS training day last week, i found it very interesting and useful. During that day we were told that anyone who attends the training will be the EYFS trainers for their settings etc. On the day we were given pointers on how to deliver the training. I personally feel it is very important to get the information correct from trained trainers before delivering it to staff. I also had attended a briefing going back a few months ago, but i would no thave felt able to deliver a training session just from the briefing, i found the training day to be much more beneficial. On the training daywe were given a little quiz to do, it was a way of getting used to using the EYFS pack. We were allowed to get blank copies of the quiz and are allowed to use this as part of our delivering the training to our settings etc. I have my next training day which will involve the planning side of things in February. In the mean time what i have done as a manager, i have given all my staff the EYFS pack, for them to familiarise themselves with, then in January myself and the other member of staff who did the training will deliver the start of the training. To give you an idea of what we will be doing Apple, we will explain about the pack first, we will discuss the legal requirements of the standards and how the practice book links into the standards and how one can't operate without the other. We will look at the Principles, Elements and Commitments. We will look at how to use the CD rom, the CD Rom is soooooooooo interesting it has links to video clips, stratergies and loads loads more. We will then do the quiz and have an opportunity for questions.

I am alos going to be putting posters up around the nursery for staff to get familair with the wording etc and i will be doing a display for Parents/Carers.

I hope this helps a bit Apple, but if at all possible, i would suggest you wait until you attend the training. You will get loads of ideas from the day.

Rosepetal

I do hate to disillusion anyone but those of us being looked to to "train" everyone else in the EYFS before you look at it back in settings don't have much more than you do to go on!! The only thing we have been given from the FS strategy brigade is the LA briefing and a set of expectations about linking up services. We're only often one step ahead!!! So just remember the main thing is good practice is still good practice - the EYFS isn't new, it merely brings together stuff that already informed your practice. It's a good opportunity to reflect on that practice and to look at areas you need to develop. Using the KEEP documentcan also be useful for this. look at the commitments across the 4 themesand see what areas you don't need to think about and then look at thise you do. Using the guidance booklet can be helpful aswell to look at pedagogy and to pull themes together e.g play or assessment.

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)