Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Presentation ...help

hi everyone

i am a newbie on this site but im finding it wicked :o

i would like to ask for some advice and tips, ive just got back from uni and we have been given our first presentation on the theriost vygotsky dont really no much about theriosts yet. :(

dont no where to start i have never done a presentation before and im not a confident person in talking in front of people.

be very greatful for your advice xD

thanks loulabel x

Edited by Guest

I would say do your reading first and make as many notes as you can. For a first presentation and depending on the length, you may only want to cover the main points of his theory, a little bit of background information.

Does it have to be done on powerpoint or can you just talk with props? If it is a powerpoint presentation, I would seriously allocate some of the precious time to playing around with it and seeing all the different things you can do. It is worth spending the time doing it because you will probably need it again for future presentations.

I am in the process of writing one for my research proposal so if there is anything I can help you with, just shout.

HTH

hiya

We have to a presentation too but not on vygotsky xD

There is lots of information out there about him will try and email what I have later (just got back from uni and just a quick visit at mo)

When you have found out all about him why dont you link it to your setting and take in props will take the emphasis off you :o

hi clare

thank you

i am doing a talk with props they havent mentioned anything about power point yet, and its got to last 10 mins.

thanks loulabel x

I don't have any advice just wanted to wish you luck, we have our first presentation as well next month, we have to use IT and do it on a child in our setttings with a schema. Not something i'm looking forward too so i know how you are feeling. good luck

Ive had to do a few too, hate doing them, but they do get easier i had never used powerpiont before but decided to use it which really helped me and wouldnt do one without powerpoint now. just pracrise on your own lots and lots , good luck xxx :o

Hi loulabel, Vygotsky is pretty easy to find on the internet and there are plenty of books so the information shouldnt be too much trouble.

As to the presentation. It is nerve wracking but remember to make eye contact with your audience and speak slowly and clearly.And enjoy what you're telling them, try to find a little known fact to hold them and amaze :o

hi

thanks very much for all your ideas and links i feel a bit more at ease. now just looking forward to finding alot about him.

thanks loulabel :o

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Loulabel,

I love presentations, it's the writing of assignments I hate.

The best thing about presentation it to have a beginning, middle and an end - sounds obvious I know.

Start with an introduction - to include what you are aiming to present within your presentation.

If it is just about Vygotsky, start with history - who he is, where he is from etc

Then look at his theories, who has used his theories, how they are used today etc

Conclude with reflection on how you use them within your setting etc

This is just some ideas - I find the best thing to do with reading is to start with the easier books (less boring)

Mooney C.G An Introduction to Dewey, Montessori, erikson, Piaget, Vygotsky - Theories of Childhood, St Paul, Redleaf Press

A basic but very good, easy simple read just to get you going. Once you have a basic understanding of who he is and what he did (Zone of Proximal Development - ZPD) the foundations are learnt for you then to build on with more academic books.

Relax, enjoy and be confident in what you are presenting. You are all in the same boat and have the same nerves. By your 3 or 4th it will be fine.

Hope this helps

Net x

P.S - I to have a presentation on 28th on Anti Oppressive Practice- religion v health and safety - swop :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)