Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pumpkin Play

Guest toddleo

We opened a pumpkin up and had a good old delve into the innards, plenty of hands on! I asked the children if they'd tasted a pumpkin and what could I do with it....someone suggested pumpkin soup. The next day 60 children tasted my pumpkin soup after reading the story 'Pumpkin Soup' by Helen Cooper. Yum!

We opened a pumpkin up and had a good old delve into the innards, plenty of hands on! I asked the children if they'd tasted a pumpkin and what could I do with it....someone suggested pumpkin soup. The next day 60 children tasted my pumpkin soup after reading the story 'Pumpkin Soup' by Helen Cooper. Yum!

Welcome to the forum Nicmc. Sounds like a delicious activity!

I was asked if marrows would work as well for this activity. Anyone try this?

I do remember when this idea first became popular a post by someone who tried a marrow, but the one they used became very squashed very easily, something to do with the skin being thinner and contents less solid... their conclusion was it didn't work as well..

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)