Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Advice Please

beth1

I have spotted a job for a deputy childcare manager in a children's centre. :( I have the job description/person spec, it does sound like it would be in the daycare side of the centre. xD

However I was wondering if any of you could give me a bief overview of the job and would welcome any thoughs from the managers too. :( Plus if I get to the interview stage what sort of questions will be asked compared to a normal nursery nurse post in children's centres if possible. :o:(

Thank you.

Beth

I have spotted a job for a deputy childcare manager in a children's centre. :( I have the job description/person spec, it does sound like it would be in the daycare side of the centre. xD

However I was wondering if any of you could give me a bief overview of the job and would welcome any thoughs from the managers too. :( Plus if I get to the interview stage what sort of questions will be asked compared to a normal nursery nurse post in children's centres if possible. :o:(

Thank you.

Beth

Hi Beth

i manage the day care within a children centre usually you have a normal interview with a panel with questions that will focus on parents and how to work in with partnership this is a very strong ethos within a children centre, they could also touch upon multi agency working as there are so many teams that make up a children centre. The deputy post questions will differ to a NN as they will be more about the core service offered to parents, reaching hard to reach parents, and the general organisation of the day care and what qualities you would bring to the post of deputy and how you would work alongside the manager. After the interview panel you could be asked to go into a room and interact with some children and parents who also feedback on candidates to the panel. Good Luck

Thank you belle06 for your information, I thought it had to do with providing core services and multi agency working at that level but wasn't sure.

Anyway I have filled out the application form and will have to work out how to get there with the postal strikes on again apparently. Looks like a personal trip to the council offices then, hope reception will take it off my hands otherwise I will miss out on the opportuntiy.

Beth

• 2 weeks later...

Well what a shock this morning, I have got an interview for the job. Only problem is when I am met to be at college, need to sort that out my idea is turn up and then leave in the middle of lession i.e. after 10 am. Come back after for the afternoons lessions.

Beth

Hi Beth

i manage the day care within a children centre usually you have a normal interview with a panel with questions that will focus on parents and how to work in with partnership this is a very strong ethos within a children centre, they could also touch upon multi agency working as there are so many teams that make up a children centre. The deputy post questions will differ to a NN as they will be more about the core service offered to parents, reaching hard to reach parents, and the general organisation of the day care and what qualities you would bring to the post of deputy and how you would work alongside the manager. After the interview panel you could be asked to go into a room and interact with some children and parents who also feedback on candidates to the panel. Good Luck

Beth, I would be really interested in how you manage and time your shift patterns for covering 50 hours per week when staff are contracted to 36 hours (or at least ours are). I have telephoned lots of people and they have all said that it is a nightmare - be really grateful if you could share your shifts and how many staff you have on board and how many children you cater for

Thanks

You need to talk to Belle06 about it.

Beth, I would be really interested in how you manage and time your shift patterns for covering 50 hours per week when staff are contracted to 36 hours (or at least ours are). I have telephoned lots of people and they have all said that it is a nightmare - be really grateful if you could share your shifts and how many staff you have on board and how many children you cater for

Thanks

In the end I didn't go for the interview because I already got one earlier in the week.

Beth

Edited by beth1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)