Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Justice? I Dont Think So

Rea

A few weeks ago my father-in-laws garage was broken into and his car was vandalised. The insurance company wouldnt pay for the repairs because the car is 20 years old and in their opinion wasnt worth it. So to avoid having to try to find a car for the amount the insurance company offered him, he paid nearly £300 to repair it, that was after 2 weeks of being housebound. During that time I cooked for him every night and did his shopping, definitly not a problem, but it shows how 1 crime can mean more than just a few broken windows.

The lad was caught, charged and taken to court where, we have just discovered, he was given a fine of £60.

How the hell is that a deterant or a punishment or even a message to others not to be an idiot and to keep their hands to themselves? Five times less than the cost to my father-in-law!

I'm so mad about it, especially as we know who the lad is, who his family are and know without a shadow of a doubt that they are the sort of people who know every trick in the book to get benefits, avoid bills and fines and generally leech off the rest of us.

My only hope is that what goes around, comes around. Horrible little sod :o

phew!!! you needed to get that off your chest, didn't you? :o I completely agree with you though, and no doubt he'll be bragging to his mates about being up in court and getting away with it. I hope it doesn't make you feel too bitter though....there still are more good people than bad ones out there.

phew!!! you needed to get that off your chest, didn't you? :o I completely agree with you though, and no doubt he'll be bragging to his mates about being up in court and getting away with it. I hope it doesn't make you feel too bitter though....there still are more good people than bad ones out there.

I agree! And a high proportion of the good 'uns are on here!

Hope your father in law can put all this behind him - 'petty' crimes (isn't that phrase just like 'joy' riding? - not so petty at all when you consider the repercussions) can have a profound effect on victims' lives can't they? The silver lining in this cloud is that he's a lucky man indeed to have such a caring, supportive daughter-in-law.

Maz

phew!!! you needed to get that off your chest, didn't you?

About a stone lighter now narnia :o

I dont think I stopped for breath when I typed that. :(

Does feel good to get it all out though. xD

I can quite believe it, little devils! My daughter had her car's back window smashed in by three drunk lads on christmas day a couple of years ago,, just about a month after she had bought the car, Police didn't come out for a couple of hourse or so, by which time of course, they had gone, and we didn't know who they were, so they got away with it, and Lucy had to cough up the excess on her insurance. If I got my hands on them........well, I KNOW how you feel, let's put it that way! :oxD

Sometimes there is no justice but I do believe in karma - so maybe something really good will happen to your familiy and something not so good to the little pleb that did it. Otherwise as you say there is no justice. Why do kids get so bored easily or why are they harbouring so much anger or why do they have no morals? Well as you say with no real detterents then why not I suppose if you are of that mentality. Before I get shot down I realise that there are many more things that go towards this but clearly they can get away with it so they will and the adrenalin rush is not being caught or being caught and getting away with it. Perhaps if they had to clean public toilets and lifts for 6 months every Saturday they might think twice? Good luck

Nikki