Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dissertation

hi everyone, im just starting my dissertation for ba(hons)education studies. Im thinking of doing something to do with the value of discussion in the classroom.

We have to use a placement to do some research and Ive got yr3 so thort i might ask them how they feel about discussion and if they think it is valuable?

What do you guys think? I've got 5000 words so need something quite focussed.

Any suggestions for taking it further would be highly welcomed!

lucie x

i think that is a great idea asking them, what better place to start, just wanted to wish you good luck and say stay focused on your topic it is so easy to go off track, ill be following with advice fopr mine soon lol :o

Sounds like a great dissertation. As you say you need it to be focussed - as with all dissertations they start off being quite small but then branch off into lots of different areas - I was thinking that maybe you could look at a subject area to perhaps narrow it down a bit more or perhaps look at reflection or self evaluation of some learning outcomes they might have come up with and discuss how it came about. I think it will make great research but you recognise that it could be potentially be quite wide. I would certainly love to read it and I am sure you will learn a huge amount from it as will others.

Nikki

I think Teachers TV has covered this, called something like childrens voice. :o Might be worth having a look at their site.

Sounds like a very interesting subject especially if it can be focused on the childrens points of view on this. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)