Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Statutory Framework Page 40

My colleague has just pointed out that bullet point 3 on this page appears to require the children's key worker to be listed in the same place as children's hours of attendance etc. We don't currently have this info in the same place. Does anyone else read this differently?

Guest Wolfie

I see what you mean but I don't think that you have to have the two sets of information together - as long as you have both sets of information recorded it'll be OK.

Edited by Wolfie

I hadn't read it that way, but now you've drawn it to our attention, it does seem to mean that, doesn't it? Otherwise they would have put the keyworker information on a separate bullet point, and not put it with the "daily record". I don't actually see any reason to list the keyworkers on a daily basis; after all, they are supposed to be the same for consistency,aren't they? The only reason I can see is if there is a temporary keyworker/child relationship due to the staff member not being present on the day.

I'll see what I can find out, and get back to you. :o

Thank you, Helen and Wolfie. That was exactly my colleague's concern - why is it in that bullet point? I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to code it, perhaps by colour, but I don't really see the need.

My Development Officer just e-mailed me this reply:

"....this bullet point does mean that you need to show, on a daily basis, which children are attending and who is their key worker. Obviously, this is easy if you've got the same children and same staff every day. This relates back to Organisation pt 2 "Each child must be assigned a key person."

This means that every day there would be a list of the children and who their key worker was. If their usual key worker was away then you would need to indicate who was looking out for those children on that day."

Hope that helps. I have keyworker groups displayed in our kitchen and on file. I would not include this on the register although at the bottom of each day's register we do record which staffmembers are present, which would ensure we were compliant!

Mmm interesting - great when you have full time staff who attend every day. I assume it will just mean that in the absence of the keyworker then the parent/child will need a back up person for contact. So perhaps drawing up a keyworker list as we normally do and looking at who isaround on the same day as the child when that keyworker is not present. Mmm will think about it.

Nikki

I've divided the children into groups with 2 keyworkers. At least one of the 2 is in everyday. All staff work 2 or 3 days. The children vary from 2 - 5 days so matching up with jusy 1 keyworker was a nightmare.

Hi,

I've been in touch with the Primary National Strategy team and it is not intended to record the key worker for each child every day. There needs to be documentation somewhere that states who the keyworker is (and, as suggested above, it would be necessary to indicate a back-up person, too)

Thank you Helen for helping sort that out...

we worked out that for a keyworker to be present every session for every child actually meant we were all keyworkers for all children because of the way the children attend and staff work.

This meant no one knew what they are doing for when or for who. And if we were confused what about the parents!

Inge

• 4 weeks later...

The DCSF have replied to this query, and have made things much clearer:

It isn’t the intention that the key worker should be recorded for each child each day. To clarify this we will split the relevant bullet points into two separate bullet points when we do the revised reprint:

· a daily record of the names of the children looked after on the premises and their hours of attendance

· the names of each child’s key worker’

:o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)