Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Cards

Does anyone have any brill ideas for a Christmas card that we could use in our Foundation Stage unit? I seem to be right out of inspiration this yearI Don't even really want to think about Christmas!

Thank you - Rose

ooh no, don't like to think about or even mention Chxxxxxxx until at least the 1st of December. :o

But for those of you who are forward thinkers/planners, compared to me who is the proverbial crisis manager, do everything at the last minute type of person, have a look at this link to the forum index, activities ideas sub catagory................

CHRISTMAS IDEAS

HAVE FUN xD

Peggy

Goodness Christmas..as Peggy says there is lots on the forum from previous years so do have a look.

I don't like the cloned cards personnally. Just provide the children with lots of bits and pieces and glittering collage items, cellophane, coloured foils, doilies, red items, holograph paper, cotton wool, green crepe, seeds, berries,winter sequins, tissues, wool, glitter, pens, glue, card etc and support them making their own designs. You can discuss with them ideas and perhaps have a variety of commercial cards to give them ideas to talk about. the let them do their own thing, with some support. I have had some really wonderful cards done like this..they may not look quite like precuts but so much better and unique to each child.

Now I shall sleep until December 1st :o

You may be interested in some xmas funding idea.

at our nursery a company called miniimagination contatced us asking if we wanted to make xmas cards with the children. These will be printed professionally with a photo of the child on the back (we take photo and load to disk they print them).

the project costs us nothing but for each pack of cards we sell we make £5 commision. I know our parents will love the personal touch of the cards.

i think the website is www.miniimagination.co.uk, but can double check it when i am back at work on wednesday.

Dawn

how much were the packs of cards, and how many in a pack. Looked at the web site and they look great, was just wondering.

Sarah

HI,

No thats not the company (but its the same principal). I am back in work tommorow so will get the correct website and prices.

Dawn

Thanks for that fundraising suggetsion dawn is this the company you are talking about?

mini me cards

Thanks everybody for your ideas. Will get busy looking! Have just realised that next term is an 8 week one! we will be on our knees by Christmas! Rose

I agree that children should have a free reign but sometimes you have to strike a balance between freedom and what the parents want! (Depending on that year's particular parents I find!!)

There are lots of designs you can do with handprints and footprints. Reindeer with foot as head and hands as antlers, children add features. Angels in similar way - foot as body, hands as wings and you can even use child's own photo as face (we had a really good response and tears from these!)

My personal fave at the moment tho is star Santas. You use a red basic 5 pointed star, top point is head, 2 to side are arms and 2 to bottom are legs. If you supply appropriate coloured shapes for very young and paper and scissors for older as well as cotton wool and glitter, it doesn't matter where they stick what, it will kind of resemble Santa!

Another simple yet not too prescribed one is a Christmas tree, supply a triangle and sparkles and glue and they do what they like!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)