Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Degree/college

Hi, everyone I have just started the foundation degree at college so am not famillar with all the E numbers being banted about. I am a preschool deputy full time and have only short spells of time for studying. I am really grateful to the lady who posted the reference chart as this will be invaluable. I am already in a pickle with all the different assignments and need to get organised as five assignments have to be in before christmas. I will be visiting this forum a lot for any help I can get. congratulations to all who have passed and good luck to all those who are yet to pass.

Hiya Anita,

Good luck you will find this site really helpful :o

i too have just started out on the FD so we can support each other,who are you studying with?

Im studying with Edge Hill.

i am putting off doing some reading now actually have cleaned from top to bottom and just popped on to catch up before getting down to some work!!! xD

andrea

Hi Anita.............trust me, you're not alone in the' E numbers ...I'm confused' stakes!!! i have just finished one short bit, and have sent it to my mentor for her to say yes or no to....now have to hit the books again for the next bit......'outdoor play environments'...or something like that :o with all the refs to theorists (!!), that's the bit which is going to throw me I think!....also have to do a bit about Vygotsky for college tomorrow, relating it to three specific questions about how children learn,as a group rask and my brain has gone to mush...so, i have to try to dig the memory data out of the poor old grey cells.....

Lots of lovely people on here though, all willing to help, so we should be ok??? :) :)

Welcome from me too. :( I am too studying the FDey course, luckly I have only 3 assingments to hand in around christmas/new year time. This equates to 1 X 3000 words on anti bias practice, and 2 X 2500 on play and learning and working with parents. :o

In terms of being orgainsed, I have found a method of writing out the assigments sections with learning outcomes then main points of each one i.e. part one .....learning outcome 1....arrows to main point, then main point from first one (if that makes sense). xD:( Secondly to write a daily to do list Monday to Friday (yet to fully use it again), followed by a longer term to do list from each assigment for example module ...... hand in date minus one week and break down in to smaller steps. :(

I hope that helps you. :wacko:

Beth

That plan sounds good Beth. I am doing the literature review at the moment for the dissertation and it is sooooo boring that I can't seem to get motivated! Might have to start working on a plan to help me through it.

Welcome from me too, I am in the 2nd year of the FD, 3 assignments to do before Christmas, supposed to of done loads this weekend, I have done nothing! Too busy looking after children and enjoying my family and riding the horses before it gets too dark and cold.

Don't know how I will find the time to do it, but somehow we all do. I am working more hours now than I ever have since having children, managing a pre-school, 5 children, 3 horses etc etc - it seems i have taken on everything on at once. :oxD

that is what this site is ace for, ranting to like-minded people who are all as mad (and may I say as dedicated and passionate professionals/practitioners) as you!!

Thank you ladies for the lovely welcome and offers of help I will more than definetly be calling out for help soon. Thank you for the advice on a to do list that will be of great value to me. I have had a good look round for all the hints and tips that I can get. will keep on searching. so thanks to everyone.

Hi Anita,

Welcome.

In answer to you question about 'E' numbers, I THINK these are modules used on the Open University courses not on college based courses.

I am in my 2nd yr FD in child and adolescent studies through uni of bedofrdshire and Local college and we have letters within our modules that we cover.

eg

module 9 - Anti Oppressive Practice - Presentation -Learning outcomes IT-3,C3-3,S1-3 etc

What these mean I haven't a clue, we have yet to be given the info on this but through common sense (!!!) I assune IT - information technology, C - Communication, S - ?

I also have 4 assignments and a presentation to do before christmas but it doesn't seem as daunting the 2nd year.

Good luck you will be fine.

Net x

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Net is right, the 'E' numbers are the codes for the Open University courses for the Foundation Degree

E123 (Working with children in the early years), E124 (Supporting children's learning in the early years) and E115 (Personal Professional Development) are level one courses, E215 (Extending personal professional development) is level 2 and the last course to be completed. You also need another level 2 course, but there are a few choices. I did U212 on Childhood. I have just started E215, but am expecting to have to retake the exam for U212 next spring, as I messed up big time (mis-understood an absolute gift of a question!!).

I hope that helps the confusion.

Sarah

Hiya Anita,

Good luck you will find this site really helpful xD

i too have just started out on the FD so we can support each other,who are you studying with?

Im studying with Edge Hill.

i am putting off doing some reading now actually have cleaned from top to bottom and just popped on to catch up before getting down to some work!!! :(

andrea

Hi Andrea

I too have just started the foundation degree at edge hill and can do with all the support i can get!!!

Am in jo's class just started this sept, who are you with? Have you finished your 1st assignment and now have to complete No2 phew !!! Its hard going isnt it? Hope to keep in touch throughout the course, its good to have support

Trish :o

hiya Trish

I think I have communicated with you through the website :o

i have FINISHED the assignment(last night)just need my mentor to look at it now.

i am at shrewsbury and have been very busy working on the presentation this afternoon whcih we have to do next week!! Then next weekend i am having a break from all things from uni before I look at assignment for tasks.

Andrea

Hi again, I started mine at Edge Hill at Easter so have already handed in and received back two assignments. Have another one to do for 10th december and one for about the 7th January i think!!!

Struggling to fit it all in at the moment.

Good luck!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)