Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sand And Water Play

I would be very grateful if anyone can share some activity ideas for sand and water play - I feel I have exhausted my ideas and getting bored of the same old ones.Many thanks

It is always difficult if we dont really know what you already do, we may well just be repeating your current play ideas but it may be worth a a forum search it will give lots to read

There are lots of ideas already on the forum . Here are a few.

water tray ideas

sand and water

and more here

sand play

Finally for a bit of light relief

Dees antidote to Sand and water

Inge

Here are some pics of our children enjoying sand play. One shows using tights in sand the other a paddling pool full of sand can be used indoors or out. My favourite with water is using large tubes, guttering, etc for pouring streams of water to various locations. :o

Have fun xD

Peggy

post-3604-1191242482_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1191242521_thumb.jpg

Love the look of those tights Peggy! Never used them before but certainly will do now.

We also use tubes and guttering. Children enjoy rolling the cars down to land with a plop in the sand/water.

Today we had whisks, turkey basters and water wheels. Great fun! :o

Could you put other things in your tray other than sand or water? I use compost, flour, porridge oats and rice. I read somewhere about using shredded paper and water to make a pulp but haven't summoned up the courage to try it yet. Has anyone out there done this? Is the mess horrendous? My cleaner doesn't speak to me when I have a flour week! :o

Here are some pics of pulp, ( wallpaper paste (anti fungal) and newspaper ), just paste using tights ( like the sand pics), and custard powder gloop.(Thyxotropic - neither solid nor liquid) I work in rented scouts hall and the cleaners have had to get used to me. :oxD

Ice is good, ice paintings and Ice gloves.

Peggy

post-3604-1191271459_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1191271492_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1191271546_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1191271595_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1191271640_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1191271684_thumb.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)