Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Can Someone Help Me? Filling In The Profiles

Hi there I teach Reception and currently complete the e-profile as well as the paper copy of the pink booklet(crazy I know, and twice the work - but useful for the next teacher to see). Will rec teachers be given a new paper booklet which starts from birth to 3 right up to the end of the f-stage? I am confused now! The e=profile just starts from the ELGs and there is nothing before that. What will reception teachers across the country be expected to fill in from now on? shoule I have received a booklet by now (for each child I mean). Can anyone put me straight?

Hi

There will be a new booklet, but they have yet to be made. I was told on the course I went on they will be sent out towards next September when the new framework becomes compulsary.

Hope that helps

Hi Emily, as Caroline suggested, I don't think you should worry this year. The eprofile was designed to only record the FSP results which are statutory, and reflect the end of the phase. This will still be the case even next year, it will, as far as I know, still be up to individuals to work on recording progress before then for themselves.

I do wonder though why you complete the booklet and the eprofile? Do the year one teachers really look at them? (ours wouldnt). If you find the booklets helpful, and keep those up to date, then could you just complete the eprofile at the end of the year when it has to be sent off?

It's important to remember that the profile is actually the 117 statements that you consider over the last three terms of a childs time in the FS. The booklets are optional and noone will automatically send them to you currently, although as previously said they may well send copies of the update version (see the QCA website pages below) - you can still order or download from QCA but you can record your yes/no decision on each statement in any way your setting chooses. The statutory date for completion this year is 27th June or 2 weeks before the end of term, whichever is earlier - there is no requirement to complete the assessments until the end of the summer but you can (and many do) complete it, like the e-profile, each term because you can then build up the picture of where children are at.

There will be no changes to the process of the profile - it will be referred to as eyfs profile but apart from that and the wording changes on 2 scale statements thats how it will be!!!

There are some rewordings of the LSL scale and they can be found here

For assessments for children prior to and also within reception to inform the profile it is upto the practitioners/settings to have recording systems as described in the EYFS "Develop records of learning and development" with the challenge of "Creating records that are clear and accessible to everybody who needs to see them". Many LAs produce systems you can use but again that is really up to you ultimately.

You should also get hold of the Assessment and reporting arrangements 2008 - it's a purple covered booklet which is probably with KS1 but it also covers the FS statutory requirements for FS assessment. It's available to download here

Hope that helps

Cx

Edited by catma

You can print off your profiles from the e version at the end of the year if the next teacher wants them in manual form, or you can print off the graphs to show childrens attainment, hate to think of you duplicating your work load so unnecessarily!!! stop now! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)