Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

2 Simple Music Toolkit

Has anybody got or had experience of the 2 Simple Music Toolkit? I have had some info about it today through the post. It says it is for Foundation Stage, KS1 and 2 so I wondered if it would be suitable for the 4 year olds in our pre-school?

We have the 2 simple toolkit and the children love it-just wonderd about this one. It says it is new so there might not be anybody out there with it yet.

Linda

Hi Linda!

I was not overly keen on the 2simple music toolkit but then I do not think the sound cards in our computers were powerful enough to run the program! the sounds were very quiet and I didn't find it all that captivating!

I have however used other 2simple software and think that it is fantastic :D I would recommend the original 2simple package to everyone. We recently bought this software for the school and have used in in reception, Yr 1 and Yr 2! I have also used alphabet soup, another 2simple package which the children have enjoyed and got alot more from than I ever expected them to.

I would definately recommend trying 2simple music on approval before you buy it. On the other hand if you really enjoy it please let me know what I am missing because I was very disappointed after being so impressed by their other products.

I know nothing about the 2simple music toolkit - would love to hear more. Where can I get a trial?

I use infant 2 simple - it is a great maths tool.

I also love "leaps and bounds" (have 1 and 2). They are lovely programs also some are suitable for the children to use without adult input (e.g. a sort of Kim's game - guess what the dog has in his mouth - sound odd, I know, but great fun).

Diane.

I am going to review this program for the site so, once it has arrived and I have had time to use it with the children I will let you all know.

Linda

Guest Leeney

Hi linda

Re 2 Simple music Toolkit

We have had the use of it for a couple of weeks now, our users are

mostly 3 and 4 year olds. The tool kit meets 2 simples promise to look like

microsoft ie same icons etc

Only a few of the children use it with success but they are only just getting used to it

The graphics are simple, they can record their own 'music' and play it back

You can change the type of instruments to be used

The 'games' go well beyond our age range but I didn't install all of them so

we have ended up using approx a third of its capability.

There's not much available other than the leaps and bounds music so both would be a good buy. Try before you buy!

have had confirmation of my e learning credits today, so .................

can someone please give the websites of these cd's you are all talking about!!!!!!!

have checked out mouse music and think I will have that one - also Mimi/Diane - who supplies 'leaps & bound's?

And the 2 simple collection .... where are they ?????

Many thanks !

Janice :o

LOL :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually I have now found the 'forum' button which is how I knew how many members you now have !!!! (but it was only a couple of days ago that I started being a little more adventurous!!!!! - I usually find my way in through the back door !!!!!!)

anyway, will now refer to your review page! :o

Thanks!

Janice

Janice,

I got Leaps and Bounds 1 and 2 via our local C&E training dept (for free, ha, ha).

You can buy on-line (REM do it, I think; I have bought other things from them).

I find the Leaps and Bounds by far the best software we have at present. There are several reasons for this:

- none of the children have it at home, so it has novelty value all round.

- there is no reliance on literacy skills, so all children can access the activities.

- the programs are all non-verbal, no instructions given, meaning that children get to find out for themselves (or we do it together).

- it is interesting for onlookers because, as there is nothing verbal, conversation can take place without fear of preventing the computer user achieving.

- it is tremendous fun!

2simple infant is in a different category (activities have to be adult-led with our children). But, again, this is great software, which I use a lot, but mostly with our older children, and with some intention of working towards maths stepping stones.

Diane.

"Leaps and Bounds", all versions are great fun.

I must admit I'd not analysed the childre getting on their own bit but its very true they do and they love it.

"Izzy's Island" is also quite good, children can access it alone and enjoy it although I'm not sure the learning is as good without support.

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction here !!!!!! :o

Now my problem is what to choose !!!!!!!!! xD

Janice

If you haven't seen the 2Simple Music Toolkit you MUST have a look it is FANTASTIC!!! It does start at the FS but goes all the way up to KS2.

If you want to get a free trial you should contact 2Simple either by their website www.2simple.com or call them on 020 8203 1781.

I'd go for that cd hands down every time. :D

PS: Susan if your ict coord won't look at it then you should. You will love it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)