Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Free Book Packs For All Reception Aged Children In England This Term

we have already recieved ours and given them out.

The books were funny bones and the kids loved them :o, We also recieved a big book of the story and lots of stickers.

After reading the big book we have put a display up in our porch of funning bones pictures using straws.

Its a very good free offer.

I got a big book and some stickers and a CR rom which was pretty pointless, oh and some teaching ideas (again not suitable at all for my class!) Nice new big book though, I love funny bones!

we got the kids free book bags which included the funny bones books with the teachers pack. It is for reception age children so i assume only schools will recieve them.

Nursery children get them too, a treasure box with two books, some colouring things and a parents guide to rhymes and stories, they went down really well last year and we are just waiting for this years to arrive. They follow on from the booktrust bags that babies get, the website has more info but I'm not clever enough to put a link on here! If you type Bookstart packs into google it will show all the packs and tells you how to get hold of them... good luck :o

I got a reply from them, vet speedy it was too. Apparently the books are allocated for the children to receive once they start school, even if that is in January or easter. Schools should be allocated enough for the whole year and are expected to 'save' some for new intakes you may have during the year.

The bookstart packs are different according to the age of the children. Their website is

here

and you can also get dual language books too.

We received ours last week and there are enough for the January and Easter starters too.

We are planning a weeks worth of work around Funnybones this term and will save the rest as a treat for the new children for their first day at school.

Sharon

I can't seem to get my disk to work / open - anyone else had this problem?

Am I missing anything - know someone earlier said the CD was a bit useless!

Want to do a funnybones week the week before we break up for 1/2 term (week after next) and will just discount the Cd if its not much good!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)