Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bah Humbug!

beth1

I went for yet another interview today (primary school). :( Firstly went in with confidence then when I least expected it I got all flustered again, thinking it will be another no. Secondly I felt that they were superior to me as my chair height was smaller and it leaned back and made me feel uncomfoable. I will get some feedback tommorow as apparently I came a very close 2nd again, why does it keep happening? xD

Anyhow looking for some help, any advice on how to get the job instead of comming a close 2nd all the time? :o Maybe I am missing something here? xD My problem is that I wish I could let the see me doing the job then they will see how good I am. Been reading various forums etc and one thing came up is that some people don't do well so miss out however the person they apointed did not do well in the job. :(

I have another 4 jobs in the pipeline; i interview next week, 1 job shortlisted awaiting interview date, 1 have send in application form and the other one just about to fill in an application form. :wacko:

Feel better for a rant. :(

Beth

Guest tinkerbell

Sorry to hear that you just missed out Beth.

You have lots of irons in the fire though and your tenacity must surely pay off soon

Good Luck

Tinkerbellx

Hi Beth

Bad luck with the job but I am sure things will work out. Have you thought about undertaking some interview training, role play with another person may be beneficial especially if you can get someone unfamiliar and maybe record in some medium and then look back and evaluate your performance. Sometimes it can help to practice your reactions to different scenarios and questions maybe your local job centre, careers office or college can help on interview skills. Good Luck hope it works out..

Hi Beth

Bad luck with the job but I am sure things will work out. Have you thought about undertaking some interview training, role play with another person may be beneficial especially if you can get someone unfamiliar and maybe record in some medium and then look back and evaluate your performance. Sometimes it can help to practice your reactions to different scenarios and questions maybe your local job centre, careers office or college can help on interview skills. Good Luck hope it works out..

Done that a couple of weeks ago with the job centre, really good feedback and said I didn't need any further help. However I have a couple of advisors I am in contact with but I haven't heard from them. We were going to arrange a meeting to discuss this. I just go to pot in interviews, having had over 60 since Jan 06 my confidence has dropped completely at one time I was confident not now though.

Beth

Beth, interviews are the pits, it's one reason I'm still supply, I cant stand the idea of coming out knowing I answered like an idiot. At an interview I had a couple of years ago, I actuallly answered 'i dont know' when she asked what I'd do if I had a concern about a child. Shouldnt really admit that but hey, i was nervous as hell xD

I'm afraid I'd have been a bit more vocal about the chair, there's no need for tactics like that, lets hope it was an innocent mistake and you end up with a good result from this one.

Fingers crossed for you beth :o

The fact that there have been 60 vacancies to apply for, and not counting any vacancies you have chosen not to apply for, obviously shows that these people are not employing the right person - YOU. :o

Chin up Beth, try and believe in yourself ( although I can understand how you must feel with so many knock backs). Maybe try some positive mantra prior to interview. I must admit the best interviews I have had are ones when I've gone for a job that I wasn't really bothered about getting, took the pressure off slightly.

Good luck.

Peggy

I know its not directly related but I struggled to pass my driving test through nerves although i was lesson perfect.I took 2 paracetamol's 1 hour before to calm the nerves-kept my head and passed xD Maybe your stress/lack of confidence about not securing a job comes through at interview and they don't see the real you?

ps.25 years accident free years :o