Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Spaceship Role Play

we made ours into a more enclosed area with a roof and tunnel to get in and out, floor was covered in bubble wrap (our local undertaker gives it to us as his coffins arrive covered in the stuff!!) children made panels with knobs and buttons etc from boxes and lids etc, helmets were the fireman's ones covered in foil and wellies were also covered in foil.

They had magnetic boards to write on and the children took over with ideas from stories we were reading and pictures in books , sure to be lots more ideas from others

worth a look also space roleplay

journey to space

role play space

Inge

We made a very successful rocket out of black foam underlay. We joined it using tree ties and it was easy to cut holes etc and decorate. The advantage was we could peep over the top and see what was going on in side. Maybe this could be transportable too for outdoor or freeflow play? It could also dock with the mothership!!!

ha ha..tomorrow i am putting up our blue gazebo with curtains puting on white fairy lights for stars hanging up the nine planets...... have 2 cosy coupe cars wrapped in silver foil for moon buggys and have a table with a telephone, till and tickets for a vist to the moon :oxD:(

ha ha..tomorrow i am putting up our blue gazebo with curtains puting on white fairy lights for stars hanging up the nine planets...... have 2 cosy coupe cars wrapped in silver foil for moon buggys and have a table with a telephone, till and tickets for a vist to the moon :oxD:(

Whatever Next? Can I come Hali?

Maz

We covered our climbing frame in card from big boxes then painted it silver. Inside we put the TV from the house but with black paper and marbled planets on to be the screen. The kids then made all the rest really (they were really into making things last year)- mobile phones, meal boxes, alien catchers (!), knobs, buttons and sticks, missile launchers, engines - they were really imaginative. They got sleeping bags and 'slept' under the platform of the climbing frame while it was someone elses shift on the control panel!

On the ceiling we had more marbled planets, stars etc etc.

We are lucky in that our head teacher came in, saw what they were doing and was so impressed she bought us 2 space suits :o

I think this was one of our most successful and longstanding role play areas. xD

Have fun :(

Megsmum

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LOSINGTHEWILLTOLIVE

During my PGCE we made a role play (or Independent Play Area = IPA??) from a silver car cover (the sort of plastic cover that you cover your car up with in the winter!) and covered the chairs with silver fabric, used some fairy lights. space suits and dressing up clothes that were made of shiny fabric and a lava lamp.

In the role play area we had space story books and props including some space helmets made from cut up square cardboard boxes covered in tin foil and some familiar aliens (mikey and sully from monsters inc, buzz light year and some strange aliens I found at a charity shop!).

We covered an old piece of cardboard with paper mache and egg boxes to make a lunar landscape painting it white and silver. The children loved using the thunderbirds and other space ships and space men as a mini world environment.

:o

The children are still talking about it now ....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)