Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Lunar Eclipse

mundia

For those of you that are interested (and those that aren't :o ), there is a full lunar eclipse tonight, the best time to see it between 9.00pm and 10pm.(BST) Lets hope the skies clear by then - the forecast is rain and rain and ...er..... rain xD:(

Not at all Sue :D:D:D:D

A number of people celebrated at the weekend, some tomorrow, others even next weekend, as well as today.

I think the eclipse is a good time for meditation though.

what are you doing to celebrate?

Mundia - not sure what they're doing at work - I forgot to remind them! xD

Last year we made paper lotus flowers for garlands and decorated elephants (for a parade display)

But I'm going to contemplate how not to wear this new hip out, like I did the last!! :o

And think of a suitable resting place for these wretched crutches!! :D

How about everyone else??

Sue :D

The sky is clearing here so Im going to wrap up warm, and go outside and wait...the eclipse will have already begun at moonrise, whilst it is still dusk, so please, just go and have a look. :D:D:D:D

I promise not to do any howling....

Just been out - it's cold, wet and cloudy here in Berkshire. Stayed out for all of 30 secs before I trotted back inside.

Hi All!

Well how was it? :( Nothing here but cloud and rain. Same thing happened to me during the Solar eclipse, except no rain, just grey clouds :( . Still, have to be philosohical about these things - I have seen a Lunar eclipse before! xD

When's the next one ? - hope springs eternal.... :o

Sue :D

Unfortunately the next one isnt until october.

I didnt see much either :o , but I did catch a glimpse in a break in the rain.

shame, it was apparently very good for those who could see it.

Oh well

Well I did manage to see it. After signing off from here last night about 10.30pm I thought I'd have one last look and lo and behold the skies had cleared here in the south and I could see about a quarter of the moon!

Here's hoping that we have more luck next time, whenever that is!

Hi Mundia, not very red, more a dull pinky hue really, clearer than the pics on News 24 that I saw but otherwise much the same. but it did look different to the way the moon is usually seen. Most of the colour was in the bottom quadrant when I saw it.

My mother's eyesight couldn't discern any colour at all.

Bad luck to all who missed it. Have to be some advantages to living in the Thames Valley! Incidence of Asthma is high but ok to spot the moon! :D