Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mccann Case

Andreamay

Am surely not the only one to be baffled by all the goings on? After lots of discussion with lots of different people it seems 50/50 ish but most seem to believe all the hype!! :o How many think they did it? I refuse to believe it but it is so hard not to be influenced by newspapers isnt it?As other people have demonstated to me but with not knowing them I find it hard to fight their corner i feel so sorry for them after all they have been through to now face this!! xD

I must admit I don't read papers and rarely watch the news, basically because I dislike our society's negative media. I still seem to keep abreast of 'news' but only snippets through radio ( in the car) or conversations.

I just feel that if the parents are innocent then what a nightmare they are living. Their concern that the 'detective' work has slowed due to the focus being on them. The fact that they are so far away from home as well must be awful.

and if they are responsible, they must also be in a living nightmare of guilt.

When cases like this take this long, with no clear answers I often wonder how sure anyone can be about what really happened, even when it does get to court, unless of course there is a confession.

Not really religious, but I just pray that she will be found.

Peggy

Just had to add my penny worth to this. I live the next village to Rothley, where the McCanns live. Several people I have spoken to from there have told me of their absolute support for the family. Most of these prople do not actually know them personally but it is correct to say that the village is supporting them.

Personally, as I watched Kate McCann walk down the steps of the airplane on Sunday, my heart went out to her. Her face said it all - the anquish, fear, tiredness, anger and pain she was feeling.

Are they guilty of complicity? I can't bring myself to believe that.

I too will pray that Madeline in found and the truth will be told.

Sorry about that - I really needed to get that off my chest.

I felt the same Dublin bay thats why I started the thread. However again this morning I woke up to the news that the DNA in the hire car WAS Maddy's well how can that be? :o Like peggy I too pray she can be found before this goes to far! Too think she is still out there and they are not looking is beyond belief xD

Andreamay you beat me to this thread. I was talking to family members and we thought if they had accidently murdered her it would be the biggest con we have ever seen. However we don't think they have had anything to do with it, firstly how are they going to find time to hid a body, also how do we know that the blood wasn't from a previous occupier years ago?

Beth

I'm quite frankly fed up with all the TV and newspaper coverage. It is all supposition. No-one knows anything because of the laws in Portugal which prevent the police talking, so anything thats read or heard, is to my mind, not worth listening to. These stories always come from a 'family friend', or a 'police source'.

Even if it is her DNA, it doesn't mean she is dead, and certainly not that her parents had a hand in anything.

I really hope that Maddie has been abducted by loving people, who for whatever reason, decided this was a good course of action, and then is returned safe and well. If she's dead and the parents are implicated it doesn't bear thinking about.

I'll wait for the police to give a definitive statement though before I believe anything.

I personally find it frightening how this couple are been tried by the media, I do not know if they did it or not but surely we live in a world where we should still have the faith to belive the best of people. I feel for this poor couple if they are innocent they have lost a precious child and if that is not enough they have to contend with the media speculation. It has been said that the portugese police have not released a lot of information so how can people jump to conclusions. For goodness sake should the concentration not be on investigating where Maddie is. This is not the first time portugese police have named someone as a suspect what has happened to the Morat gentlemen after making his life hell is he now presumed innocent!! At the end of the day my prayers stay with the hope that maddie is found safe and well and returned to her family...

i agree totally with peggy, dont read papers or see the news that much with my hubby knowing a lot about medical stuff find it hard to believe if they did do it how they could have hidden the body for 25 days in a hot country ... then have blood in the car as a body that old would not be bleeding,....

just hope it all gets sorted and if they are innocent are found out to be