Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

On He Hun Foe Equipment

Right I want to pickyour brains looking for and i am afraid aa lot is down to cost

Rubber sorting equipment eg animals dinosaurs etc

Dinos

Wooden role play equipment eg looks like Community play things but without the cost

Blocks

Water trays

Wheeled toys

What havefound that lasts and thatbthe children enjoy,thanks for the help-feeling very poorly at bthe moment and need all the help I can find

The advantage of the Community Playthings blocks are they are "mathematically" modular. The mini blocks are exactly half the size of the unit blocks which are exactly half the size of the mini hollow blocks which are exactly half the size of the hollow blocks and the width of each block is half its length so that when the children build with them they are very stable and you can mix and match and still get a structure that fits and doesn't wobble too much or fall over (unless pushed). Disadvantage ~ COST!!!

I'm incredibly lucky..........I inherited my Community Playthings blocks many years ago, when my own children were very young.My best friend was a school secretary and she phoned me one day in a state of high panic:'you know those wooden bricks we have here at school?? well, would you like them.......the caretaker is complaining that they are always left in a state, so he's just started to BURN them in the furnace!!!!!!!!!!!!!'.................so, off I went, prepared to do battle if necessary with the ogre, and he was, indeed burning the beautiful bricks, blocks and hollow blocks.........so, a few cross words were passed between us!! I gave the school a small donation (it would literally have been a couple of quid all those years ago!!:) ) and i have : one triple layer trolley FULL of bricks, and about 40 hollow blocks....which my children played with for years, i then used them at my old group (who were indignant that I wanted them back when I left...but that's a LONG story!!) and they are now in constant use at my new group, where the children love them as much as all those other little ones over the years.I reckon, conservatively, they are at least 35 years old,and would now cost several hundred pounds to buy new,so not a bad buy for a couple of quid :) :) :). I look on ebay regularly too and sometimes get some amazing bargains for their equipment!

I'm sorry but I have to ask...I REALLY don't understand the title of this thread! What does it mean?? In my defence, it's been a long day and my brain is probably not functioning properly - got up early and did a 15km bike marathon more quickly than I should have done, then have "hurtled" round the house doing all the jobs that I put aside for the summer holidays in one afternoon, and am now on my second glass of wine!!

What does On He Hun Foe mean???? :o

I figured it out straight away.........................but then i have sons...................... and i just thoughtit was how you'd sound if you had a really badly bunged up nose!! ...think about it..... :o

Thanks for this - a real laugh-out-loud moment!

Maz

You are right it was on the hunt for.I am having to type lying down as on a huge dose of steroids that have made mde very ill and unable to do much.sorry to have caused confusion, apart from the panic of not being able to sort the new Nursery am looking for things I can sort out from my bed, brain not working that well it seems

Sorry again

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)