Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Fsp

I am about to go into my second year of teaching and I have Year R....Yippee. I seem to remember last year seeing all the FSP points on 1 piece of paper which could then be higlighted as children achieved them....however I can't find it again and also was wondering if there are new points with the new framework....can anybody help me. Just trying to find an easy way of tracking my evidence etc for FSP

The FSP (or EYFSP as t will become) hasn't changed effectively, there are just a couple of rewordings in some of the linking sounds and letters scale points from memory. If you look in the statutory section of the EYFS you'll find them all written out. CAn't help with the other question as all my stuff is on my work computer I'm afraid.

Cx

Thank you Moose,

This is brilliant! I really like how you have fitted it all onto one page too. Well done and thank you for sharing.

Boogie x :o

This format is great -thank you very much. I have recently been asked to categorize my long term planning into clusters - which this lists - so I can now plan the whole year and ensure we are covering all areas. Can also see how to link in with Medium Term planning.

question - how does it work with the indivdual chidlren - do you just use this as an outline and fill files of observations to support or simply highlight as they reach a given "goal". Do you colour code for termly input? Interested how to use as working document - thank you!

Also has anyone used the Tracker books issued by QED (www.qed.uk.com) these comprise a 64 page document to see the chidlren through from 0 - 5 yrs but basically only the same as the one page grid ... confused I am.

I am conscious of not getting too bogged down in the whole observation and assessment line but there must be a happy medium.

Any views ?

Breedon

question - how does it work with the indivdual chidlren - do you just use this as an outline and fill files of observations to support or simply highlight as they reach a given "goal". Do you colour code for termly input? Interested how to use as working document - thank you!

I use this sheet instead of the booklets so each child has an individual one of these. I do colour code. I highlight in pink things that the children can already do when they start school. Then up until Christmas I use an orange highlight to mark off anything they achieve. Up until Easter I then use a blue highlight to show their achievement and after Easter, until the end of the year, I use a green highlight. This reflects the coloured circles in the profile booklets.

I photocopy the inside sheet from the profile booklet - the one where you record information from previous settings/discussions with the child/discussions with parents (again one for each child) and put this and the profile sheet in an A4 wallet.

I have 2 assessment sheets - 1 for whole class/group assessments and another sheet for recording individual observations, usually gathered when the children are engaged in independent activities. Whole class/group assessments go in one folder. Individual assessments go behind each child's A4 wallet. The profiles and the individual assessments fill two folders by the end of the academic year with another folder for the whole class/group assessments: I am folder woman!

I also have a whole class tracking sheet for each of the areas as this then gives me an overview of the achievement of the class and helps me see where there are gaps I need to fill.

None of what I've written makes any sense to me and I use the system - sorry! I'm not good at being succinct!

Guest cathy m

I have recently ordered and received the new trackers, I like them as they are more than a tick list (which I loathe) because of the 'evidence' column where we can elaborate on the tick list

Cathy

Thank you for sharing your sheet Moose

I also do a similar thing with the children in the class but my ind record spreads over 3 sides - my eyesights too aged for really small print - I have a class record also colour coded, on computer in excel that will add up the scores for the profiles and then I transfer these scores to another grid which gives me a cummulative graph of the scores over the year [keeps the Assistant head happy]you may be folder lady but I am computer lady

I must admit I also keep a paper copy of each terms record for reference in my file

I have a booklet for each child to stick my observations stickers in

The big question is though why are we all making our own records ? Surely there should be a universal one? :o

• 4 weeks later...

We have just spent a chunk of my budget buying 'Look What I Can Do' books whch look impressive but will take an age to complete. This looks far more managable.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)