Washed uptodate but not ironned -why should I no-one needs a shirt! :wacko:

Kids are playing out as the weathers picked up :(

E-bay is dead so no sales to deal with :ph34r:

Picniced by the river-wedding aniversary :(

It's to soon to start planning and sorting for September :rolleyes:

Everyones away- ;)

We don't go untill 11th-camping xD

HELP!!! I'm even thinking of varnishing the front door tomorrow :(

I know some of you are working so sorry if it seems insensitive.I think its a symptom of over work that I can't 'chill' even when I'm not working.

Edited by Guest

It's silly I always feel a bit guilty complaining about boredom when my boyfriend still has to go to work everyday, but that's what I am very bored - I very much sympathise!! My NQT year has taken up so much of my time don't know what to do now.

Elfy

x

Certainly not bored yet - must be doing something wrong. Everytime I come on this site I find another job for myself, so maybe I should just not read anything else and then maybe I too would be up to date with my washing and ironing/have a clean oven/etc!!!! :o

Guest tinkerbell

I do know what you mean..it isn't being bored its not working at the fast pace youare used to.

My hubby would like to see the house tidier now that I am home full time...I did really well last week but now i have bought new files,dinosaurs,cellotape dispenser,marbles.........it is looking like a tip again.

I have bottomed the ironing and washed all bedding in the house,cleaned the kitchen etc

The hoover is broken so need to dismantle that today and have a look.

I have made resources for school yesterday and enjoyed pottering, printing,laminating etc

My school is having lots of building work and everything from 4 rooms has been chucked into the hall!! yes i will have to go up and help sort it all in the last week..who said teachers have 6 weeks holiday?

Also followed Sunshines thread to SEAL new beginnings and I am making some A4 posters with the objectives on which I thought I would display in my classroom.

Today i shall catch a bcouple of buses,I don't drive and visit my old auntie....

Tinkerbellx

Not bored yet!!

First week i went into pre-school to catch up and tidy from cleanig day etc!!! :(

This week visiting my mum who was rushed to hospital in between sorting paperwork at home know what you mean about bank statements from last year!

Still need to clean right through house,windows,fridge,kitchen cupboards etc etc etc xD

And ofcourse it isnt helping cos i still have to jump on here every now again and sit down for coffee and watch loose women which i love but can never watch in term time.my aim is to have it all done by the weekend and then i can sit in the garden and read a book! Oh yes Ive got the garden to do as well!!! :o

It's difficulut getting used to the slower pace, feel like I should be doing exciting things but like most people on here I am spending time cleaning, organising, tidying and sorting only going away for a few days so will soon run out of things to do!!

There's always college work of course getting to grips with my research project.

Feel bad complaining when some people work all year round and it's always the same when i'm not working im bored and when I'm back at work I'll be counting the days till the next break!!

All I am is board of looking for jobs, I am sick to death of looking on this, that, other website/paper only to mostly find nothing that matches me. :(

Must fill out them application forms for jobs, thats another thing I am board with I am sure they send them out to drive you up the wall. I will end up fill in the same information for each application. Ummm idea send out blank application form without name of nursery fill one out, photocopy to save hands from falling off!!!! xD:o:(

Beth

Im bored too,

first hol in over a year, second week off and all i have done is slept and watched tv and moaned last few days, feel like a teenager again.

Its too hot to go out or its raining and i managed to catch a cold despite not seeing anyone for a week!!! I cleaned and tidied as much as i could be bothered last week, and i cant bring myself to do anymore!

I think i would be better just taking a regular 1 or 2 day break through the year, weeks off are definately not for me!!! :o

You could always borrow my children then you'd have something to do all the time...re-make the settee, pick up glasses and mugs, put loo seat down, find food, pick up wet towels, put wireless phone back in cradle, put remotes back near TV/DVD/Sky box...

What no-one? Really? Are you sure? ?

Oh honestly and you call yourselves friends :o

Thanks for the replies makes me feel less guilty :( glad to know others suffer from holiday depression

I know us term time workers get more holidays but its very limiting. Can't get cheap holidays.Making appointments is difficult. Last week I managed-Dentist (3 different ones as no-one sould take the whole family xD )-Boiler service-optician (3 out of 4 wear glasses)-hairdressers and we got into town to the one shop that sells the school blazer :( I keep looking at the 6 large plastic crates of school stuff to sort but still managing to ignore them.

Today I did varnish the front door and tomorrow sees the 'big uniform shop' :o with the promise of a free dictionary from Tesco's with the little coupon they sent me.Eldest child baked a sponge cake alone but the kitchen......xD and youngest built an igloo with cut grass and took a photo to send to Blue Peter for a 'green badge' :wacko: I didn't have the heart to tell her it for being enviromental green not making something green.

I've spent the last 4 hours trying to book a holiday for Christmas as its the longest stretch hubby gets off work but because school breaks up the same day as businesses this year at a weekend its £700 more than last year for the same holiday!!

I think I'd like to work 3 days a week all year around or .......retire :(

my hubby keeps asking me if im bored yet??? ha i say nooooooooooo :(

did spend ist 2 days reading HP then cleaning out nursery cupboard as it got flooded, need to go put everything back tomorrow, know what you mean Rea about the kids...me too :o:(

But no not bored yet!!!!! xD

I am not bored as much as struggling with the slower pace of things, I cam back from Sunrise camp this morning. dumped bags, we all had baths and my cub aged son clenaed his teeth ( he proudly informed me as we were driving home this morning that he was still wearing the uniform shirt he had put on to go to camp last night!!!!!!!!! so as you can imagine no teeth clened either) and then we had to go out to a friends for haircuts and play. when we got back I looked at the camp stuff and the general state of the place as we had left in a hurry last night as we had lost a precious teddy. (for the Beaver child not the Cub!) and the mess from bathing in a hurry this morning and thought- I know I have all morning tomorrow to really sort it out as I have to wait in for someone I will do it then.as it will take a while. Phone rings as we are fininshing tea, we will have visitors in an hour!!!!!!!1 but I did it with that pressure the place was spotless. I think its that not having to be out of the door ...having to fit everything in to a lunch break. So now I have all morning to wait in to hav the broken window fixed and nothing definate to do.!!

The thing I do hate about this holiday is the fact that as a mother of two boys my bathroom constantly stinks of urine.

No, can't say I'm bored yet, I am however, procrastinating, lots to do ( loose ends work wise) but have totally switched off.

Our children realised today that they have already had ONE WHOLE WEEK off school!!! I just know that the 4 days before start of term I will try to do 3 weeks worth of work!!!!

Since end of term have been to 3 childrens birthday parties, put up the trampoline and the large paddling pool, day at the beach, read a book, started a second one, joined weight watchers tonight, booked the children into doctors and dentists for first time check ups, attended 3 foster care meetings, had 2 social worker visits ( for foster children) and had a little health scare. I had a scan and apparently have a dermoid (tbc) cyst on my ovary, now all I want is to just have it taken out before term starts, seeing the gyno tomorrow!!.

Great now the weather has brightened up, just need to get on track to ensure I get a steady amount of preschool work done in preparation for start of term.

Peggy

Guest tinkerbell

Well I have 'bottomed' the bathroom so to speak.

Took me two hours but tipped out 3 wicker baskets of 'stuff' and chucked or put in a carrier bag for school christmas sale...allsorts of bottles of showerstuff,moisturiser,perfume (not used) from childrens and family presents .

Will do the ironing soon then ME time I will go for a walk and pick some billberies.

Tinkerbellx

I am keeping busy with catching up with paper work, making new games and wall pictures. I must admit to have a lay in every morning is really great!!!

I find the first two weeks are always busy then i crave to get back with the children.

I am loving having time with my son and this week his mate has arrived from Isle of Wight so lots of fishing and mucking around!! however my son will go back to the Isle of Wight for two weeks and i will have a quiet and dull house :o I'm in the process of packing up smoking and chewing gum instead, i'm doing ok as my son doesn't know i smoke anyway so when he is with me i don't do it and don't need it! but he goes away soon ahh....the tempation will be great. [/font

ok....this afternoon got a incy tincy bit bored so decided to wash the curtains....... xD

was unhooking them from pole and next thing i know im on the floor now have huge bruises the size of my hand (no kidding) on my leg and bum..... :(

serves me right hey!!! :(

and all hubby could say was 'well you wont stand on a table again will you???' :o

ok....this afternoon got a incy tincy bit bored so decided to wash the curtains....... xD

was unhooking them from pole and next thing i know im on the floor now have huge bruises the size of my hand (no kidding) on my leg and bum..... :(

serves me right hey!!! :(

and all hubby could say was 'well you wont stand on a table again will you???' :o

And people wonder why I avoid housework like the plague... Next time Hali, get hubby standing on the table..

Maz

I'm in the process of packing up smoking and chewing gum instead

Stick with it.I gave up 2 1/2 years ago after 25 years :o (won't scare you with the weight gain xD )

was unhooking them from pole and next thing i know im on the floor now have huge bruises the size of my hand (no kidding) on my leg and bum.....

Hope your ok hali.It brought this holiday into prospective for me.Last year in the first week i slipped washing down the tiles over the bath and ended up in a an ambulance with 3 broken ribs and 3 months of pain...somehow I'd forgotten about it ...no wonder this summer feels funny

remember girls house work is dangerous...lets be safe out there