Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Need Some Advice Please

I am in the middle of getting our operational file up to date. The problem I have is that I am not sure what order to put it into.

I have worked in a setting where all the policies etc. were put together at the back, planning information etc was put together , basically it was put together in the 14 standards order.

I am trying to put my information under the 5 headings this time, but I am now wondering if this is the right way to do it. It seems strange splitting up the policies . Please help me make my mind up.

:oxD Thank you

Hi there,

I would say, go with the five outcomes, that's what we are inspected to! It's also how ours is set up.

It may seem strange at first splitting the policies, but it helps you get a handle on how you achieve the outcomes.

Sue

Hi there,

I would say, go with the five outcomes, that's what we are inspected to! It's also how ours is set up.

It may seem strange at first splitting the policies, but it helps you get a handle on how you achieve the outcomes.

Sue

Oh thank you Sue. I am surrounded by paperwork and just needed someone to say I was doing it the right way. :o

If it helps thats the way we do it too! Good luck by the way

Thank you Akire - I am feeling better now. Been working all day, head down trying to get it into some sort of order. A lovely day outside and I am here doing it all for love and no money!!!! :o

found this site which you may find useful, has lots of examples and ideas with a 'how to' on Operational plan.

personally, ours is a large shelf of folders with policies, procedures, staffing, letters, newsletters etc all together not in categories or areas or any sort of order but all info is there and Ofsted browse when with us....never been in what is called Operational plan format and never been a problem, so long as it is all there and together it was fine... in fact comment was how easy to find stuff she wanted to see and discuss them with staff. (one group she visited had it all stuffed in a carrier bag!)

Inge

jessica,

If you need any more input, I'll be away for a couple of weeks now, but you can always pm me, I'll respond on my return - absolutely no problem!!

Glad I could help :o

Sue

Thank you Inge for your help. what a brilliant web site. :o

Ready to start again and looks like it is going to be a warmer day than yesterday, I am determined to get this done though and know it will be worth it in the end. Just wish I could stop eating junk for comfort food as I struggle on. xD

Just what I am doing too is creating my operational plan and I was sort of working off the EYFS statutory guidance too now that the National Standards are disappearing (I think) . This makes it all a lot clearer and I will use the format to schedule things in - brilliant never thought of checking Devon although I used them all the time for my degree. I have to say that I think there are two authorities who appear very good, Devon being one of them and Sefton being another - Devon always has a mind website of information on all sorts of things so well done Devon - It is taking me an age to collate everything off laptops, work computers etc into one placde and this will certainly help so thanks.

Nikki

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)