Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Traditional Tales

Next term we are going to be working (loosely) within the topic of traditional tales and was wondering whether anyone could suggest some alternative versions that we could use for the children. We have already found copies of Once upon a time and the Jolly Postman, but thought you would have lots of other ideas.......

Thanks

Elfy

x

The true story of the 3 little pigs, although it is quite detailed for little ones. I think I have copies of Jack and the bean and 3 bears too which are double sided books where the original story goes from one end and the alternative from the other. I think there is also a true story of Humpty Dumpty (obviously not a traditional tale but could be useful) Hope this is a start.

Can't remember exact titles or author but here ges

Mr Wolf's Pancakes

Mr Wolf and the Enormous Turnip

Mr Wolf and the Three Bears

(I think they are by Jan something beginning with F)

My children especially like the pancake one

Posy

Beware of the Bears is good. (cant remember the author)The 3 bears get home and on seeing what Goldilocks has done, go to her house! Theres a twist at the end. :o

Guest Wolfie

And there's always Each Peach Pear Plum, by the Ahlbergs, which incorporates lots of the traditional tale characters into one story.

The big bad pig and the three little wolves

Mixed up fairy tales by Nick sharratt is great as you can make so many different stories

the colin mcnaughton preston pig books (not sure which one think its "oops!") has Little red ridinghood

I found a book in the library the other day called "Nonsense Fairytale Rhymes" I had forgotten about it (oops!) until I read this post. Ther is a Troll song in there, A rhmye by the Giants widow and a Rhyme about Rumpelstiltskin complaining about his name! to name a few I have been flicking through it to write this post it is quite funny.

Oh the authors are Kaye unmansky and Chris Fisher.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)