Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Seems Quiet Lately

belle06

I think that must be the case or they want a complete break fro all things associated with work! We finished last thurs had friday doing a big clean and I have been in every afternoon this week finishing cleaning,catching up with paperwork etc Hopefully finish tomo but dont go away til mid aug what about you ninafox?

Im setting off in 6 hours to Bulgaria for two weeks. :o

Hope the sun comes out here as well.

Ill be glad to just relax on a sunbed for two weeks with relative quiet (if my 12 year old daughter is ever quiet).

As Sue says, summer holidays are always quiet - good job as I've not been on since 22nd and usually there would be pages and pages to get through instead of tonight when there are just 2!!!! Not that I'm complaining - I'm an adict :o

I'm not on hols yet- another 2 days to go but it's that mad time where I'm sorting everything out ready to pass on to the new teachers!

Sure I'll be around in the hols though.

Not gone away yet - spent 2 days in the Lakes (Mon/Tue) gorgeous sunny weather!!! can you believe it? and have had a great time sorting out all the different files and paperwork etc for the new term, really quite theraputic (am I really this sad!) - but then there's the age old question of what do I keep and for how long - looks like more to go in the loft, as I don't know what to shred so I'll probably keep everything. See you around

i think every one is getting the odd jobs done you know like clearing out the shoe cupboard, pulling out the bottom of the wardrobe yuck! where does it all come from? the worst job i've had so far and the most time consuming was contacting a main power supply company who owe us £116.84p after being on hold for ages, then told to key in account details, then put on hold again i get through to a lady whom i cant hear so i hang up! funny beacuse if i owed them they would soon be on my case! this i feel will become my summer mission!

I only wish I could go away. anywhere. I have a man in my house doing some work. Well actually he's been in our house since October !!!!!!. Work very good but soooooo slow. His life goes from one drama to another.We have all his tools in our garage,they were in the lounge, so I know he's not working anywhere else. We spent all the winter living upstairs. Our friends,neighbours and children tell us to sack him but if we do the upstairs will remain unfinished because I shall never voluntarily have anyone working in my house again. I wouldn't mind but the house wasn't that bad in the first place. It was built 16 years ago so the kitchen,utility room and bathrooms needed renewing. Then we decided to have the ceilings plastered and thought spotlights would look nice so every room needed decorating. Then we thought wooden floors would be more practical because we are surrounded by woodland and so it went on and on and on.

What a result i got through!!! and i could hear the operator!!! should be sending me a cheque for the credit but...... it will take 12 weeks? Would they wait 12 weeks if i owed them this much? Oh well that is the end of this little mission for the time being!!

Guest Wolfie

Oooh, you lucky thing - make sure you're there at a good time to take advantage of all the home cooking...! On reflection, there probably isn't a BAD time is there?!?! :o

I've missed my 'normal' daily 'fix' due to being too busy. Usual end of year staffing probs, my daughter has resigned, bless her she started just to help me out and has been with me for 4 years, but now wants to pursue her real interest of interior design, shame she's a very good practitioner. :(

I intend to sort out preschool 'stuff' ready for next term, including induction of new deputy manager, aiming to finish by next Friday. Then 5 weeks helping hubby at home and spending 'quality' time with our new foster children. I spent some time today doing ground rules with them, well start as we mean to go on, 6 weeks with 4 'new' children at home is a long time. xD

They are harder work than 20 preschool children, but it's not thier fault and they are adapting quite well and starting to settle in especially as the realisation sets in that they won't have to move again, this really helps.

So, hope to chat to you all a bit more than I have just recently. :o

Peggy

Guest MaryEMac

I decided on Tuesday to get shredding because I was fed up with the two bags of paper that needed doing. Two thirds into one bag and the shredder screams at the sight of paper, so I let it rest for a couple of hours. Go back later and it is still screaming. Ring daughter at work and she gets me a new one from the brilliant Argos. All shredding now completed. :o

Now I am supposed to be packing for our holiday in Scotland but I don't know what to pack so thought I'd just catch up on here. I can pack tomorrow, can't I?

Good to hear that the children are starting to settle, Peggy. I hope you have a good time with them over the next few weeks so that you can really get to know each other .

Have a good break everyone,

Mary